function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sarah Boggio 3Sarah Boggio 3 

Flow to create a new task

I've built a flow that triggers from a button on the opportunity, asks a few questions about the specifics of the demo, then creates a task that includes the answers to those questions. The flow I built successfully asks the questions and creates the task record but isn't populating the answers from the flow screen. This is the first flow I've built without the benefit of Trailhead or an internet resource to QA my work so I'm a bit lost as to why it's not including the demo detail on the task record.   My flow includes a record lookup of the opportunity, a screen that asks the questions the sales engineers need to scope priority, creates a record, and thanks the sales person with a link to the newly creates Sales Engineer task.
Hi there. My sales engineering team asked for some help prioritizing their demo queue. I've built a flow that triggers from a button on the opportunity, asks a few questions about the specifics of the demo, then creates a task that includes the answers to those questions. The flow I built successfully asks the questions and creates the task record but isn't populating the answers from the flow screen. This is the first flow I've built without the benefit of Trailhead or an internet resource to QA my work so I'm a bit lost as to why it's not including the demo detail on the task record. 

My flow includes a record lookup of the opportunity, a screen that asks the questions the sales engineers need to scope priority, creates a record, and thanks the sales person with a link to the newly creates Sales Engineer task. 
User-added image
User-added imageUser-added image
User-added imageUser-added image
Aparna Hegde 1Aparna Hegde 1
Hi Sarah,

Can you also add a screenshot to show where you are providing input values for the following custom fields? -
Specific Project to bring value
Specific use case for demo
whats their exp using big data
project focus
insight users
study or analysis focus
data procurement 
etc?
Running the flow and printing screens for every entity in the flow would help in understanding further

Cheers,
Aparna
Hi Aparna,
I think I screenshotted the correct detail but please let me know if I haven't. The detail that those custom fields maps to should be provided in step 2 of the flow Screen: SE Demo Request. So you're suggesting that I simplify the flow first by requesting one field input and then build out from there? That makes a lot of sense. I originally built this for only one input and it worked nicely but I'll certainly take a step back and take that suggestion. Thank you!
User-added image
 User-added image
Cheers,
Sarah
Aparna Hegde 1Aparna Hegde 1
Hi Sarah,
Thank you for the screenshot. Could you please switch to field settings tab? Just trying to figure out what holds the values that you input in the .
screen. Eg, in the below screenshot. Also when you are looking up for the opportunity, lookup opportunity Id=OpportunityId.

User-added image
Good luck! 
Cheers,
Aparna
Gaurav HandooGaurav Handoo
Hi Sarah

You would need:
  1. Variables to hold your answers
  2. An assignment element before the Record Create element.
In that assignment element, assign input fields (unique name of input fields) from your screen to variables created to hold your answers. Post this, pass those variables as values in your record create element.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Gaurav
Hi Aparna,
Sorry for the delay and thank you so much for helping out. I don't have any internal resources with any experience in Salesforce development. I've tested the field settings a few different ways to see how they'd behave and none have written the data back. I just updated the field settings to be input and output so I'm not sure if that has disrupted anything. User-added image
Thank you!
Cheers,
Sarah
I GOT IT! Thank you so much, Aparna and Gaurav! 
Gaurav HandooGaurav Handoo
Hi Sarah

Happy yo help, could you mark the answer (whichever helped you solve your query) as best answer.

Cheers!!

Gaurav
shiv ganeshshiv ganesh
How to create auto populate field using process builder?
I have two custom object one is hotel and other is hotel detail. The hotel detail object is lookup to hotel object. I want the destination address field in hotel detail object must be auto populate with hotel billing address field.i have been using this steps please tell me what i have done wrong in that because it is not working yet.
User-added imageStep 1
User-added imageStep 2
User-added imageStep 3 
And then active 
​​​​​​​But it still not working.