function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ShariqueUl_BariShariqueUl_Bari 

Lookup filter on an existing standard Lookup field

Hi,

Do we have a way to apply a lookup filter on a standard lookup field?

I have a lookup field on Campaign - Lookup(Record Type) - to show its child, Campaign Member's, Record Type (I am provisioning the users to select both Campaign and Campaign Member Record Type while creating the Campaign record itself, and hence the child Record Type is defined). However, I want to restrict this lookup field to a specific child Record Type subject to parent Record Type selection.

I can even think of other ways of going around this like apply some dependent picklist in the Record Type selection page itself so only the desired Campaign Member Record Type is available for selection when a particular Campaign Record Type is selected. 

Thanks,
Sharique

Sudipta Ghosh 9Sudipta Ghosh 9
Hi Sharique,

I don't see any OOTB option to achieve this. Solution would be to have a mapping object and custom lookup filter to query the object. 

Regards
Sudipta
ShariqueUl_BariShariqueUl_Bari
Hi Sudipta,

Thanks a lot for turning around on this one.

At the moment, it seems unlikely that we can take the approach of another object. What I was thinking of was what if we create another lookup field or a picklist field for that matter - explicitly for this Record Type (and obviously not use the existing Lookup(Record Type) one) - and then use it in the Before trigger of the child to set its Record Type based on that field in Parent. But this would require a lot of revamping to the existing functionality. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Sharique