function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rasheed IbrahimRasheed Ibrahim 

I cannot find the object i created (Admin basic exercises)

Hi Guys.

I am going through the Basic Admin exercises. I created a custom object. intially I could not find the object in the menu ribbon. I deleted the object and created another but I could not get past the selecting the Tab Style. As soon as i click on the Tab style the page crashes then a message appears to recovery the page and starts again. I am using internet explorer and im not sure if this is the issue.
greatful for any advice
Rasheed
srlawr uksrlawr uk
Are you in Salesforce Lightning or Classic? They are two different interfaces.

(Lightning has a loading page with the little character on it and is all curvy and colourful, Classic looks like a web page from 1999, with the character in the top left corner)

If you are in the jazzy new Lightning Interface, try clicking on the little Avatar icon in the top right corner and welecting "Switch to Salesforce Classic" (or something like that) Internet explorer isn't very good with the new UI, so you might do better in Classic (though you will have to learn where everything is again!)

Also, consider very seriously not using Internet Explorer! At least try to get onto Edge which has better support for complex front ends ;) Salesforce doesn't support IE very much any more, and its much nicer if you can use the new UI

Incidentally, if you are already in Classic and it's dying on you, I don't know what to say!!!