function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Neo Downes 12Neo Downes 12 

I have a time dependent WF that sends an email after 2 days, 4 days etc and updates a number field and date stamp.

I would like the user to see the number of notifications sent and the latest date. The date stamp is working fine but the number stamp isn't working. I have set the default value to 0 for the number field on case and the field update formula calls the field and adds 1 -  PRIORVALUE (Number_of_Dealer_Reminders_Sent__c) + 1. The problem is that the number field does not update nor does it show the default (0). Please help - is it maybe the way formula when setting the default? Basically I have 0 in the formula field - custom.

shailesh_rawteshailesh_rawte
Hi Neo Downes 12,

use belowe formla while updating the number fields.
Number_of_Dealer_Reminders_Sent__c + 1

Regards
Shailesh Rawte
Hi Shailesh,
Thanks for your help - I should have said I tried that (without the PRIORVALUE) already but it still doesn't work. 
Hi Neo,

Are you trying to update the number on same object.

Hi Shailesh,
My bad, I was testing on old records - i just created a new case and the field is updated so the WF should update (fingers crossed) from now on. Thanks
HI Neo,

You have to pute 1 At first time while you updating the number.
like in the fisrt criteria you are increasing the value but the defoult value is 0 so it will not update the current number.
you have to check if the number is 0 or null insert 1.

I think it is working.