function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Harjeet Singh 13Harjeet Singh 13 

How to notify account owner when a non account owner logs a call

I am currently working on a requirement where I need to notify account owner if some other person (Non Account Owner) Logs a Call against their account . Notification could be in form of a chatter message or email should be sent out to the account owner.

Kindly help to acheive above mentioned requirements.

Many thanks in advance

Thanks & Regards,
Harjeet
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Harjeet,

May I suggest you please check with below link from the success community with a similar discussion and a suggested workaround which might help you with the above requirement. Please let us know if this helps.

Mark this as solved if the information was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Dear Nagendra,

Thanks for your response and sharing the link.Actually I already saw the link which you have shared and so I turned up here to seek help to achieve the same
Also Nagendra if you were able to take out anything from the link which you have shared then kindly share your knowledge with em. Because I didnt get anything from the link. The link which you have shared doesnt have a solution or no workaround.The link simply says about th elimitation of Salesforce.

I already checked those stuff and link and lastly came here to seek help from experts
Kannan N 10Kannan N 10
Harjeet,

You should be able to use Flows or Process Builder (since activity = call log, is a related record to account in this case).

I attempted it with Flow and here is the high level of what I did...

Step 1:  Create flow on Task object 
Step 2: Inside the flow, "Choose Object and Specify When to Start the Process" :  do this on Task
Step 3: Under the criteria, choose on "Account" 
    Condition:  [Task].Account.OwnerId "does not equal"  field reference to [Task].CreatedById
Step 4: Create an immediate action (action can be anything as available in the drop down, including email alert, field update, chatter posting and so on)

I tried this with field update and it worked.   Good luck