function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kati Koenig 7Kati Koenig 7 

Continued problem with "Hunt Your Prospect" module error message re. field mapping

Hi:  I've searched this issue and have found a few threads however none of the solutions have worked for my module.  The following exercise is contingent on this one working so I'm at a sticking point with a small, simple trail.  

The error is as follows:  "Your lead is missing a field mapping for the Opportunity.Discount_Percent__c field. For help, talk with your admin or see Map Custom Lead Fields for Lead Conversion in Salesforce Help."

I tried to map the field based on the salesforce help and other threads in addition to deleting the Opportunity and starting fresh.  I contemplated deleting the "Discount Percent" field all together but was nervous to do so.  I watched someone Youtube solution to no avail.  Any other thoughts??  

Thank you in advance for your help!
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

I would suggest you create new trailhead playground and do the challenge over there by cpoy pasting th names or lables from the content.As this error may be caused due to pre existing configuration in your org.

Best Regards,
Sandhya
Kavitha Anil Kumar RaichotyKavitha Anil Kumar Raichoty
Hi Kati,

I had the similar error. Just go Object Manager, Select opportunities, Select field, Edit the Discount_Percent__c field and uncheck the box " Always require a value in this field in order to save a record". Once this is done , it will allow you to create the record. 

Best regards,
Kavitha 
Kati Koenig 7Kati Koenig 7
Thank you.   I was able to mark it as not required in an incognito window and it seemed to work that time.  
Sejal Vyas 2Sejal Vyas 2
Thank you so much Kavitha for your suggession here.... after wasting an hour for this issue and its now done in a minute with the help of your suggession.... Thank you... :)
Helen Williams 6Helen Williams 6
thanks Kavitha, very helpful :)
Ricardo MorenoRicardo Moreno
Amazing! Thank you! It worked.