function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andrew Mondy_Andrew Mondy_ 

Create additional Record Type for Person Account

I am trying to create an additional record type for Person Accounts. According to the Release Notes: "When person accounts are enabled, a default person account record type is automatically created. You can modify this default person account record type, and you can also add more person account record types."

When I make a new Record Type on the Account object, there is no choice for Business Account or Personal Account, and any new Record Type I create has the isPersonType field set to false.

Is there a declarative way to create a new Record Type for Person Accounts?

VaasuVaasu
Guess you are creating recod types for account not for personaccounts
I've looked in the Object Manager, Schema, and Developer Console.

There is no object for Person Account, personaccounts, or personaccount. Should there be one? 
VaasuVaasu
Yes, if yiou have enabled person accounts in your org.It will be under Build > Customize > Accounts > Person Accounts in setup
Thank you. It's another "Have to Switch to Classic" problem. I was in Lightning Setup. 
Christopher Thaxter 6Christopher Thaxter 6
No, you don't have to switch to Classic. Just search for the Person Account object in the Object Manager in Lightning Setup. It's not really a separate object, but it is presented that way in the declarative setup for ease of use.
Jayanth ThathapudiJayanth Thathapudi
Thanks @Vaasu.... Your solution worked :)