function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karen Brown 39Karen Brown 39 

How can I stop a date field automatically opening in visualforce?

When I add a date field to a visualforce page and its an input field the calendar automatically opens even if a date is already populated, and this means users have to click out of the date field to see the other fields for data entry.  I tested if the first input field in the section is not a date field and this works, but many of our sections start with date fields... 

User-added image

Best Answer chosen by Karen Brown 39
Ryan GreeneRyan Greene
This is a common issue and I don't know of a good fix other than not using Date fields as the first field on a page. Whenever a Date field is the first field (top left) the calendar will always automatically open. If you can move it over or down this will solve your problem.

All Answers

Ryan GreeneRyan Greene
This is a common issue and I don't know of a good fix other than not using Date fields as the first field on a page. Whenever a Date field is the first field (top left) the calendar will always automatically open. If you can move it over or down this will solve your problem.
This was selected as the best answer
Karen Brown 39Karen Brown 39
Thanks thats a shame, can i change the visualforce to display in detail with an edit button instead?