function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Internal PartnerInternal Partner 

How to restore data if these are not in the recycle bin and not even as backup?

Hi everybody,

this question is about how to restore related data when you don't have these in the recycle bin anymore and neither as backup. 
I could find much more information about restoring data which is in the recycle bin or as backup, but nothing if none of these cases apply to you.

I could find for example which ooportunities were deleted in a certain date range, but there are related data, some of them not standard and have a lookup with Opportunity. I am worried about:

1. If I insert parent records, they will get a new ID and suppose you have 1000 opportunities, you will have then to find a way to fill the new parent IDs in the child records.

Do you know what would be a practical, easy way to handle this?

2. If I insert parent and child records, audit fileds such as CreatedDateBy, LastModifiedBy, etc. won't have the same values as before these data were deleted.
I have read there is a possibility but keeping/retaining the audit field values works only for some standard objects and not for custom ones.

Is there a possibility to handle this for opportunities and related data?

3. Open activities, Activity History, Notes and Attachments, Opportunity Field History, Contact Roles: how can I recover all this information related to parent and child records?

4. There are a few child records in the recycle bin. 
You can not search for a record ID in the recycle bin. I have a list of deleted Opportunity related data and within the IDs. These are only a few. How can I recover these from the recycle bin if I can not search for the ID there?

Guys, I would appreciate your advice. I have read many Salesforce pages and Forum threads, so if you could advise me from your experience I would be more than grateful.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
please create a case with Salesforce Support. Here is the link for additional information 

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=How-to-retrieve-my-records-and-data-that-has-been-lost-or-deleted-1327108681812&language=en_US&type=1

Mack John 17Mack John 17
Hi Internal Partner,
You can easily recover data even deleted from recycle bin. For complete guide read the article, link given: -  https://queries365.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/how-to-get-back-deleted-files-from-recycle-bin-in-windows-10-8-7/
Hi Mack, I meant te Recycle bin in Salesforce, not the Windows recycle bin ;).
Hi Raj, thanks for responding even with a link, but this doesn't help me further. 
Dear Community, I will mark the answer I find as best responded as "Best answer". Answers, which don't answer my questions (more than one question), won't be marked as "Best answer".