function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Big EarsBig Ears 

lightning:inputfield - lookup fields in Lightning Experience, Salesforce Mobile App and Lightning Out

I’ve been experimenting with the new lightning:inputfield and it seems that the lookup fields don’t work in the mobile app or in Lightning Components which have been embedded in VF pages. Do people know if that is the case?

If so, does anybody know if there are plans to make them work in those environments? There not a danger that Salesforce is making migration pathways to Lightning Experience that much harder for larger organisations with complex/slow migration plans? It seems that the option is either to:
  • Develop functionality as both VF pages and Lightning Components so that the use case can work in either environment during the migration
  • Develop VF pages to embed in lightning experience (which has all sorts of issues with passing data out of the VF controllers to the pages they’re embedded in, etc.
It would be good to understand whether this is a thing we can wait for, or will need to consider as part of an eventual migration strategy.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

I don't know where this functionality stands on the roadmap. Here's an Idea to vote on: You could try the free Appiphony Strike lookup component here:  This works pretty well except there's no onChange attribute so you can't use it to control dependent components, for example.

There are other lookup components written by individual developers, but I haven't tried all of them yet with regards to the onChange functionality. Here are a few that I found. Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the information was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Big EarsBig Ears
Hey Nagendra,

Did you just copy and paste this answer from another StackExchange board?

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/209573/lightninginputfield-lookup-fields-in-lightning-experience-salesforce-mobile

Unfortunately, it didn't answer my question there, either.

With thanks,
Andy
HariPHariP

"Appiphony Strike lookup component" didn't work for mobile?