function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sashamsasham 

Could anyone please answer this (making callout form batch apex or Queueable apex)

I need to make a REST callout. I have more than 400 records at time( after bulk insert (more than 400 records ) and  then  need to make callout for sending each record to external sytem)  .
Please guide whcih approach is better to follow
Create a batch and make callouts from the batch (scope is 1)
Or 
Create trigger and then excecute the queueable apex to make callout 
v varaprasadv varaprasad
Hi Sasham,

Use the second option : 

Create a trigger and then execute the queueable apex to make callout.

Hope this helps you!

Thanks
Varaprasad
@For Support: varaprasad4sfdc@gmail.com

Dev_AryaDev_Arya
Hi Varaprasad,

I am also into interfaces at the moment and I follow your answers here at the community for self learning. I understand that Trigger is one way of achieveing the above mentioned use case, but I would also like to have your opinion on why batch callout with a scope of 200 is not good.

Thanks. 
Cheers,Dev

sashamsasham
Thank you Varaprasad. Could you plese let me know how many callouts that i can make from queueable apex. is it possible more than 400  in singl rtransaction . That is what i  am  worried about .
And also Pls let me know is it possible to know why is  queueable apex is better option than  batch apex for this situation 
Dev_AryaDev_Arya
hi Sasham,

it depends upon how is your callout  sending the data. there is a limit on callouts, 100 at the moment and enqueue max 50 jobs. if each call out handles 1 record, then i think we hv a problem. thats why i asked Varaprasad to clarify. As I am myself not sure, but I think a batch could solve our problem, bcz for Batch Apex, these limits are reset for each execution of a batch of records in the execute method.
sashamsasham
Could anyone answer for this situation . Is it possible to make callout form queueable apex. for more than 400 records ( each cllaout  handles one record )
Trigger - involke queueable apex form trigger - queueable apex handles callouts( for more than 400 records ),