function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John McCannJohn McCann 

gear icon does not show in trailhead

Hi, 
I cannot find the gear icon in Trailhead.  I am new and working on the suggestion box project.  The very first step asks me to click on the gear button, then click on setup.  I am working in Chrome and have the latest version of the browser. 

Thanks, 
John McCann 
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
 switch to Lightning Experience to see the gear  Icon 

DindinDindin
The gear icon in Trailhead is located on the right side of the screen (3rd icon from the right). Then click  Setup

Dev_AryaDev_Arya
I beleive you are  logged in to the classic version. You need to switch to the lightning experience:
User-added image

Once you are there, you wil find your gear icon. Tadaa
User-added image

Cheers,
Dev
Richard AckermannRichard Ackermann
What if you only have free Trailhead without a paid account? How do you change to Lightning then?
Support India Ohana showed me that when you land on the video page (which I saw more than once) you landed in Lightning. Look on top right once you click LAUNCH and land on the video page.
On the top right of the video page that comes in when you click launch you will see the gear icon for SETUP.
jayashree bhosalejayashree bhosale
Hi, 
I think you need to check for Apex author permission.
Go through link article may it will help you.
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000335280&language=en_US&mode=1&type=1&sfdcIFrameOrigin=null
Sharrice BarnesSharrice Barnes
i had the same problem i had to go to rollout lightening and im sorry i forget what i clicked on but it was on the left side then i logged in and the gear was up on the top right. i have free version