function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nishant SharmaNishant Sharma 

Unable to see "Unlock" record button

I do not see "Unlock Record" button for applicable user (user with modify all data permission), even if record is locked.  Did anyone else face similar issue?

Any resolution.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nishant,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

Usually, the "Unlock Record" button is tied to the "Administrative Permissions" on the profile.  With the "Modify All Data" enabled, this button is displayed.  The system administrator profile has this permission turned on.

The unlock button only appears if the record is locked by entering the approval process or if the final approval/rejection actions are configured to lock the record.  Have you confirmed that the approval process in sandbox correct?  Maybe providing a screenshot of the record in the sandbox would be helpful, as well as the final approval actions from the approval process.

Also, please confirm that in the profile, in the " Object Permissions" section, that the "Modify All" is checked for this specific custom object.

Happy to help further.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Su Wang 3Su Wang 3
Hi, Nagendra:

I am a system admin and checked "Modify all Data" permission is set, "Modify All" is checked for a custom object I need to unlock the record when it is in the process of approval. However, I don't see the "Unlock Button" at all. We are having unlimited edition, Spring' 19 release.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Su
ChrisYazChrisYaz
@Su Wang 3 - It looks like this button can only be seen in Classic still as of Summer '19
Su Wang 17Su Wang 17
Chris: Thanks for pointing it out and posted here to help others!  Yes, that's what I have figured out too but forgot to post it here. Hopefully, this "unlock" button will be in Lightning soon.