function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aayush MallAayush Mall 

Add an action/button in page layout of a custom object of a managed package

I have a managed package installed in my sandbox org.

The Manage package has an object named Transaction.
I need to add an action/button on the lightning page layout of the object detail page.

I followed below steps to achieve this.

1. In the Object Manager, I selected my custom object i.e "Transaction".

2. In Buttons, Links, and Actions I created "New Action" of action type as Lightning Component/ Custom Visualforce. Created Label and Name for the action.

3. Gone to page layouts of the object and added that button in the page layout.

Still, I am not able to view this button on the object detail page in lightning.

The same process I follow for adding buttons on Account page and other custom object pages which are not part of any managed package.

Is this the issue of changing the layout of a managed package object. I reviewed this link which says we should be able to edit everything in the layout inside a managed package.

The Managed package which I am using is of Sage Financials.
Ryan GreeneRyan Greene
Be sure the view you see is the same view you added the Action to. Example, if you add the Action to a 'Standard User' page layout, and you are assigned to an 'Admin' page layout, you will not see the Action button on your layout. 
Aayush MallAayush Mall

Yes Ryan, the Profile for my user is System Administrator and the page layout which I am editing is assigned to System Administrator profile.