function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ZGZG 

Open Redirects Basics Demo not working

Hello, I am in the "Learn About Open Redirects" section of the  "App Logic Vulnerability Prevention" module in the Developer Advanced trail. I am stuck on the Open Redirects Basics Challenge because the changes I make to the completion URL parameter are not making it to the Save or Cancel methods: The completion value is still showing up as 'a07' no matter what I put at the completion parameter in the header.

Even before the challenge, the Open Redirects  Basics Demo is not working, I assume for the same reason the challenge page is not working. As given in the instructions, I enter '/apex/open_redirect_basics_demo?onSave=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ', then I edit the Quantity field and click Enter but the page doesn't get redirected to youtube. Is there some kind of a setting I need to set so that upon clicking Save or Cancel, the new value of the onSave URL parameter is sent to the Save and Cancel methods?
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

As given in the content make sure that you have signed for new DE org which is configured with vulnerable code.Refer the tip given in the module and sign up from below link.

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/secdev_injection_vulnerabilities/units/secdev_inject_get_started_wappsec

Please mark it as solved if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Best Regards
Sandhya

ZGZG
Sandhya , I am already signed in to a KIngdom Management DE org. If I understand you correctly, you want me to create a new Kingdom Management DE org, is this correct?
Earl DEarl D
I am having a similar issue with this module. I've confirmed that I have the correct DE org with Kingdom management and was able to complete other vulnerability trails. The "demo" task in the trail using the "Open Redirect Basics Demo" tab works just fine, but the challenge tab is overriding onSave to completion = a07.