function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jordan VasquezJordan Vasquez 

Problem passing HTML text to Rich Text Field using Apex

Hey everyone,

I currently set up an integration with VSTS and I have been having issues passing basic HTML to a Salesforce Rich Text field and I was hoping to be pushed in the right direction.

According to this document I believe basic tags like <b>, <u>, and <i> should be able to be passed in but I cannot get it to work for the life of me. Is there anything that should be done?

This is the String value that I am attempting to pass into my Rich Text Field:
'This is a test. <b>BOLD </b><i>Italicized</i><u>Underlined</u> This was a test.'

To clarify, the end result in my Rich Text Field is the following without any formatting! All tags are being removed after being added to my Rich Text Field:

This is a test. BOLD ItalicizedUnderlined This was a test.

Sabarinathan NSabarinathan N

Below is working for me. Please try like below.

RechTextbox= VarName+ '<b>' + Var2+ '</b>:<br/> ' + Var3 + Var4;

Hey Sabarinathan, I finally managed to get this to work in my org but I am running into another issue when using a <span> tag.

I am trying to build this:
'This is <span style="font-weight:bold;\\">Some more </span>verbiage <span style="text-decoration-line:underline;">under the&nbsp;</span>&nbsp;rich <span style="font-style:italic;">text field.</span>'

If I pass that into my Rich Text field like this...it works...
String var1 = 'This is <span style="font-weight:bold;">Some more </span>verbiage <span style="text-decoration-line:underline;">under the&nbsp;</span>&nbsp;rich <span style="font-style:italic;">text field.</span>';

BUT if I try to pass it in like this where the line above is within a map...it does not work....
String var1 = (String)map.get('richtextfieldvalue');

Do you know any reason why it might be behaving in this manner? I don't see why it is any different, I am passing the same exact value at the end of the day.

V TV T