function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Serena SchultzSerena Schultz 

Sending email alert when duplicate record is blocked

I have a client who is creating new Account records using an offline mobile app (TaroWorks). When a new account record is added via the app and it happens to meet the block criteria for one of our duplicate managment rules the mobile user received a sync error like the one in the image below (it's in Spanish because the mobile user's language is set to Spanish). 

Obviously, that error message is not helpful at all, but it's coming from a Process Builder that's trying to create the Account and Contact and is failing due to the Duplicate rule block. Ideally, I'd like to alert the mobile user in some way what the issue was. I know what the issue was because I get a flow error email with the following info:

Elemento de error myRule_1_A4 (FlowRecordUpdate).
El flujo intentó actualizar estos registros: null. Se ha producido este error: DUPLICATES_DETECTED: Este ID de Gobierno ya existe en el sistema. Por favor, introduzca un ID de Gobierno diferente.. Para obtener más detalles, consulte 

Is there a way to send a message to a user with values from the blocked record when a PB to create records fails due to a duplicatation rule?   

User-added image