function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matt FolgerMatt Folger 

Process Builder - Does anyone actually have it working?

I have tried, and tried and tried again over and over to make Process Builder work with the simpleist of logic and it always fails and has errors.  One example of a Process Builder fix that I'm trying to implement is to create notifications if a Lead has gone 24 hours without being opened by its Owner.  There is that handy field called "Unread by Owner" that Process Builder can "kinda" see, it calls is "IsUnreadbyOwner", I think that these are the same field (they are both boolean for example) but they have slightly different names.  I haven't had any luck and have a deluge of Flow report error messages emails for nearly every possible thing that one can attempt to do with this under the sun.  

Has anyone had any luck with Process Builder?  It seems that either it doesn't understand basic logic that would work in any other code or scripting language, or it is incredibly buggy and unreliable.  Could it just be me?
Best Answer chosen by Matt Folger
Selva Ramesh 4Selva Ramesh 4
Hi,

Please refer this link - https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=9063A000000iS9vQAE

Unread by Owner  is not fully supported by salesforce.

Thanks,
Selva
Sweet Potato Tec

All Answers

Hi,

Please refer this link - https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=9063A000000iS9vQAE

Unread by Owner  is not fully supported by salesforce.

Thanks,
Selva
Sweet Potato Tec
This was selected as the best answer
Matt FolgerMatt Folger
Thanks a lot, that is helpful to know!  The most useful field in the Lead object, even a boolean is some system-level field that is nearly inaccessible. 

============================================================================================================

I have other PBs that don't use this field, and are still failing with similar errors.  Here is one that checks if a record is edited by a user with an admin profile.  

Error:
"Error element myDecision (FlowDecision).
The flow failed to access the value for myVariable_current.Owner:User.Profile.Id because it hasn't been set or assigned."

This is for a couple of users who have User.Profile IDs, because they are admins!  (I am one of these users).

Hi,

Can you please share your process builder and the error got to your mail?

Thanks,
Selva
Sweet Potato Tec