function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Charlotte CharlesCharlotte Charles 

Issue in Trailhead Lightning Flow Step 3

Hi There,

I'm having a hard time trying to validate the challenge of the module:
Lightning Flow
(step 3) Guide Users Through Your Business Processes with Cloud Flow Designer 

I followed every direction of the challenge, three times, removing eveything in between so I start from scratch again, but no, I still get this error message upon challenge validation:
Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Can't find the forceContent:fileUpload Lightning component in the 'New Lead' flow. Make sure the field’s unique name is 'Upload_File'
Thing is this field does exist in the right named flow, called by the properly named home page. I don't get what I did wrong.
Flow Lightning Component field Upload_File

Any idea?
Best Answer chosen by Charlotte Charles
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Sorry for the trouble. We investigated and discovered the challenge checker is looking for the screen name to be Upload_Files rather than the lightning component field name. 

We will get this resolved in our next release. In the meantime, if you update the second screen name to Upload_Files you should be able to pass.

This knowledge article walks you through it:

https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2932027-lightning-flow-workaround-for-challenge-guide-users-through-your-business-processes-with-cloud-flow-designer?b_id=13478

All Answers

Mike Coleman 17Mike Coleman 17
Having the same issue...
Anderson da Silva 9Anderson da Silva 9
Same issue here...
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Sorry for the trouble. We investigated and discovered the challenge checker is looking for the screen name to be Upload_Files rather than the lightning component field name. 

We will get this resolved in our next release. In the meantime, if you update the second screen name to Upload_Files you should be able to pass.

This knowledge article walks you through it:

https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2932027-lightning-flow-workaround-for-challenge-guide-users-through-your-business-processes-with-cloud-flow-designer?b_id=13478
This was selected as the best answer
David GranadosDavid Granados
@Chris Duarte, your soluton doesn't work for me. Can you reach out to me? 
David GranadosDavid Granados
I had to create a new training org to finally get it to work. 
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
I'm glad you were able to pass @David not sure what was going on in your first org, without looking at it.
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Issue now resolved. Disregard the workaround.
Josué PeixotoJosué Peixoto
Follow these specific steps.

1. Open the second screen in the flow. Click the General Info tab. Make sure the unique name of the screen is NOT Upload_File. Give it any name you want. The challenge does not check for the name of the screen, so you can name it anything. AnyName would be a fine name for the screen. Click OK.

2. Click the second screen again to open it. Click the Field Settings tab. Then update the lightning component Unique Name to Upload_File and click OK.

3. Are you seeing this error? "Error: Correct the invalid field entries." If yes, this means you are using Upload_File as the unique name somewhere else in your flow. You will need to free up the unique name in order to proceed. Flow enforces uniqueness for element names. Click Cancel to close the screen.

4. Click the Explorer tab in the flow. Look for the element named Upload_File. Click it, rename it, and click OK. Then go back and repeat step 2.

Regards
Ranil GoonesekeraRanil Goonesekera
Thanks Josué!  It worked for me.  Those 500 points goes to you:)

Sanne Kjær Sørensen 3Sanne Kjær Sørensen 3
Thank you @Josué Peixoto, i followed you guide at it worked :-) 
Bharat Vaidya 17Bharat Vaidya 17
@ChrisDuarte - The same Bug has now come back with Flow Builder and am unable to go past it despite breaking my head and back for the past 5 Hours
Bharat Vaidya 17Bharat Vaidya 17
@Sanne Kjær Sørensen 3 - Will you please guide me as well as I could not follow what Josue Peixoto has suggested.
Chris DuarteChris Duarte
Hi all -- I went through this challenge again and it is working as expected. 

We are checking for the following:
  • The flow label is New Lead
  • The flow type is Screen Flow
  • The flow has the following:
    • Screen1
      • Screen label and API name can be anything
      • Create two text fields
      • Label: Last Name
      • Label: Company Name
      • Mark both fields required
    • Record Create
      • Create one record on the Lead object
      • Select Use separate variables, resources, and literal values
      • Map Last Name to LastName
      • Map Company Name to Company
      • Create a new variable of type text to store the lead ID and name it leadId
    • Screen2
      • Screen label and API name can be anything
      • Add a File Upload component screen field
      • API name of the field must be Upload_File
      • Related record ID must be {!leadId}
  • Activate the flow
  • Create a lightning page 
    • Label: Process Automation Home
    • Type: Home page
    • Drag and drop the flow component onto the canvas
    • Activate the page and assign it as default for the org

User-added image

User-added image

Aniruddha MandalAniruddha Mandal
Hi Chris,

For the below Challenge :

Add a screen component to the second screen:
Choose the File Upload screen component
API Name: Upload_File
File Upload Label: Upload Related Files
Related Record ID: {!leadId}
For Allow Multiple Files, select {!$GlobalConstant.True}

I am not able to complete this challenge. I have tried with Upload_Files as I checked that from your previous post. Please see the last and second last attached screen shot.I am getting the error "Can't find the forceContent:fileUpload Lightning component in the 'New Lead' flow. Make sure the field’s unique name is 'Upload_File'"

After that I saw your post and I am not getting the screen like yours.

When I am adding a second screen, I am not able to see the options which you mentioned in your screen shots. I am attaching the screen shots. Please help me to complete this challenge.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and regards,
Aniruddha Mandal

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

Chris DuarteChris Duarte
@Aniruddha I recommend you open a case at Trailhead Help. Trailhead Help: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/help

Your screenshots are of an old flow builder that is no longer available in Salesforce, so I'm not sure how to help you. The new product has been available since the spring and looks like these screenshots below, which show what your finished flow should look like (image 1) and how to set up the file upload component properly for the flow (image 2).

User-added image

User-added image