function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris Wier 1Chris Wier 1 

Setting up a workflow rule to track when a specific field was last changed?

I have been trying to figure out how to set up a workflow rule for a specific field so we can track when it was last changed. 

(i.e.) 
1. We have a field called "Rating" and would like to track when it was last changed. 
2. Our goal is to be able to look at the field and track when we marked there as being no opportunity. The goal would be to routinely circle back with the accounts where the "Rating" field was not changed for years. This way we can see if an opportunity for our services arose. 
3. I don't want to users to have to enter anything in this field, just a simple lookup to when it was last changed. 

I have been trying to play around with some workflow rules and was trying to use the ISCHANGED function. Some other posts go through how to set up the workflow rules, but when I try to replicate I keep running into some sort of error. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks, 
Shamsi 110Shamsi 110
Enable field history tracking for this field. You will get all these information related rating field Date . user and change.

Sagar PatilSagar Patil
Hi Chris,

Click on Set History tracking buttton and select the specific field. You will see that field history records generated on record detail page as below.

User-added image

Note: You will see history of that field from the moment you enable the field history tracking.

Kindly mark this answer as best answer if it helps you. Thanks.

Regards,
Sagar
Chris Wier 1Chris Wier 1
Are you able to report on a specific field you are tracking? For example, I am tracking the "rating" field and would like to know all of the accounts that had a change in this field, when it occurred, and what it was changed to. Is this possible?