function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SabinaSabina 

Case Share record with reason 'Team', but the Case has no team

Hello,

I am trying to figure out why a particular external user has access to a case and its related account. The user and its contact are not related in any way to these. But if I check the sharing details of both the case and the account, there are sharing records for this user.

For the account, the sharing reason is 'Associated record owner or sharing'. If I click on this, I see a list of cases with empty case teams. However, for each of these cases, the user is showing up in the sharing detail page with the reason 'Team'.

Does anyone have any idea what the 'Team' reason might mean if the case has no case team? Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks!

Waqar Hussain SFWaqar Hussain SF
Hello Sabina,

According to OWD, the user get visibility of the record and the access right (Read\Write) due to Pre-defined case team role on that particular Case record.

And users with Modify All data permission can see all Cases.
SabinaSabina
Hi Waqar,
Thank you for the prompt answer.
There are no predefined case teams and the OWD is private for both cases and accounts. Also, the user doesn't have modify or view all data permission for neither case or account.
May be you will have some sharing rule for case object which will be sharing case with external users.
SabinaSabina
No sharing/case assignment/case escalation rules either :(
Anyway, all of these would normally show a different reason, not 'Team'.
In the setup search for Communities Settings and then see Sharing Set.
Is there any sharing set defined for case? May you the case will be sharing with users using sharing set or using apex/trigger on case object.

SabinaSabina
Hi Waqar,

I don't see anything like that in the community settings. 
User-added image
And I believe sharing sets are not enabled for Partner Communities.