function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
karimulla testingkarimulla testing 

Hitting Local/Private server uaing IP Address

Hi Everyone

Can we hit a local/private server using IP address with HTTP request in Salesforce ?? or the server should always be public....
can we access a private IP address of local host/server using the HTTP methods that salesforce.com provides. how to hit the local server...

I have make the callout which was written in .Net (hosted on localserver) which will get the data from stored procedure in SQL.

When i was trying to get the data from SQL to Salesforce , i was able to get the data when i was using the advanced rest tool.
But when i tried in salesforce callouts http methods  with end point url after  setting remotesitesetting , i could not get the  data.User-added image  it gives me an error of '503 service unavailable'.

,when i tried to execute a block of code in Salesforce, i  made callout to  the .Net webservice  file  to test the data, i got an error 'Server unavailable,status code = 503'.

My another important question is ''If the Webservice is hosted on the local or intranet, will the salesforce API (which is on the cloud) able to access that webservice

Thanx in advance