function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
swapna muthiyaluswapna muthiyalu 

contact object query

i have this query, select id, accountid, seccon__r.accountid from contact..
now how to write the same query to check if accountid is equal to  seccon__r.accountid ?
Best Answer chosen by swapna muthiyalu
Harish RamachandruniHarish Ramachandruni
HI, Please get all the data in to excel and add a filter it's not possible with a query because of we can't refer the same object filed no data is available while we are querying.

All Answers

Waqar Hussain SFWaqar Hussain SF
Create a formula field on contact object with return type of checkbox and which will return true if the contact's AccountId and contact's seccon__r.accountid are same.

Then you can query based on this formula field.
select id, accountid, seccon__r.accountid from contact where formula_field__c = true

I can't create formula field
Hi,

You can use formula filed but you are saying it's not possible then you can go for this code.

List<Contact > Cons = new List<Contact>();

For (Contact cn:[select id,name,Accountid,seccon__r.Accountid from Account where Accountis != null and seccon__r.accountid != null]){

if(cn.accountid == seccoun__r.accountid){

Cons.add(cn);

}

}

Thanks,
Harish R
+919676930011.
Harish Thank you so much, my requirement i just need to run query and pull data in dataloader, no need of list creation. Pls help.
HI, Please get all the data in to excel and add a filter it's not possible with a query because of we can't refer the same object filed no data is available while we are querying.
This was selected as the best answer