function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Angela DomingoAngela Domingo 

trailhead challenge verification error salesforce admin

I am working on Admin Beginner Lightning Experience Customization Set Up Your Org module (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/force_com_admin_beginner/modules/lex_customization/units/lex_customization_custom_objects?trailmix_creator_id=00550000006yDdKAAU&trailmix_id=prepare-for-your-salesforce-administrator-credential) and have completed all the steps to create the objects and when clicking on the "check challenge" button, it returns the error: "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: Could not find the 'Audit_Notes__c' field on the custom object named 'Energy_Audit__c'."
Screenshot of verification error in Trailhead for Set Up Your Org module

I have gone back into the Trailhead Playground that I used and verified that the field does exist and is related and on the custom object as I had set it up.
Energy Audit Object screenshot
Screenshot of Audit Notes related field

I can't get past this challenge and it won't complete this module unless it is verified. Is anyone else running into this?  I have successfully had all the previous challenges completed and this is the first time I got an error that I can't figure out what is missing.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Angela
Best Answer chosen by Angela Domingo
bretondevbretondev
Check that FLS is correct for the field

User-added image
Also make sure the field is on all your Energy Audit page layouts

All Answers

bretondevbretondev
I passed this challenge. I checked my field and it looks different than yours.
Mine is Text Area but 500 characters.
User-added image
Hi @bretondev and thanks for your response.  I double checked and tried setting the length to 500 like yours, but no luck on that getting passed either.  Everything on my Custom Field Definition Detail is mirroring yours (except the created by - of course), so I'm still at a loss as to why I can't get past this challenge. 

Any other ideas?
bretondevbretondev
Check that FLS is correct for the field

User-added image
Also make sure the field is on all your Energy Audit page layouts
This was selected as the best answer
That was it!  I somehow missed adding the field to all the Energy Audit page layouts.  Thanks so much for your help.  You're truly awesome.
Rob McDoleRob McDole
Thank you for posting this! I had the exact same situation. Even though I hadn't unselected Visibility all checkboxes in that column were unselected. I was able to select and pass the challenge.