function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jahnvi JasaniJahnvi Jasani 

Process Builder conditions on email alert

I have a custom field Renewal Date in Account object.
In Process builder,  I want total of 3 email alerts: 1. Before one month of renewal date. 2. Before one week of renewal date. 3. Before 3 days of renewal date.  and only if renewal is not done.  if renewal is processed in between then rest of email alerts should not get triggered.
Best Answer chosen by Jahnvi Jasani
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jahnvi,

I think the critical facet of scheduled action processing for your purposes is this, from "How Does Salesforce Process Scheduled Actions" 
What Happens When the Field Values Change?
For processes that start when a record is created or edited, scheduled actions remain in the queue only as long as the criteria for those actions are still valid. If a record no longer matches the criteria, Salesforce removes the scheduled actions for the record from the queue.

Hence, one critical element of the design of this process is the criteria for your node account renewal. You want to design these criteria so that the node's criteria become negative as soon as your renewal is processed. By doing so, you ensure that any pending scheduled renewal alerts from the process builder are removed from the queue.

Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the information helps.

Thanks,
Nagendra

All Answers

VamsiVamsi
Hi,

How do you indicate that renewal is done on Account ? So based on the we can build up the criteria for emails.

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Jahnvi,

I think the critical facet of scheduled action processing for your purposes is this, from "How Does Salesforce Process Scheduled Actions" 
What Happens When the Field Values Change?
For processes that start when a record is created or edited, scheduled actions remain in the queue only as long as the criteria for those actions are still valid. If a record no longer matches the criteria, Salesforce removes the scheduled actions for the record from the queue.

Hence, one critical element of the design of this process is the criteria for your node account renewal. You want to design these criteria so that the node's criteria become negative as soon as your renewal is processed. By doing so, you ensure that any pending scheduled renewal alerts from the process builder are removed from the queue.

Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the information helps.

Thanks,
Nagendra
This was selected as the best answer