function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sittam KlemkSittam Klemk 

workflow question on already created opps

Hey guys,

have some problems setting up a new workflow. I'm trying to set up a workflow which creates a new task, when a specific date + 28 days is reached. So far so easy but the problem is the opportunitys are already created. My question is if for example the date + 28 days is reached tomorrow, will the workflow trigger on an already created opp without me updating the opp manually?

Best regards
GhanshyamChoudhariGhanshyamChoudhari
No it will not work.For existing records you need to write batch apex.

Sittam KlemkSittam Klemk

ok thanks for the answer!

but will it work on opps created after the workflow, which would be triggered tomorrow without me updating the opp manually? otherwise i can scrap that workflow

GhanshyamChoudhariGhanshyamChoudhari
after activating workflow whichever opportunity you have created it will update only.

KapilCKapilC
Sittam KlemkSittam Klemk

my formula is TODAY() > specific date + 28

so does your link mean that today() wont work?

Sittam KlemkSittam Klemk
ah i forgot this is the formula for my workflow rule
KapilCKapilC
Sittam,
Today will work. But the records will have task or not it depends on evalution criteria. Please see here some examples under the heading "Follow Up Before a Contract Expires" on this page(https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=workflow_examples.htm&type=5).

Regards,
Kapil
Sittam KlemkSittam Klemk
created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria.-> that is the one I use so I should have the right one
Sittam KlemkSittam Klemk
Should i put the time criteria (TODAY() > specific date + 28) in the workflow rule or in the time dependend workflow action?