function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stephanie SmithStephanie Smith 

Trailhead Challenge for Automate Simple Business Processes

I have tried to complete this trailhead, but keep getting this error message below.  Can anyone help me figure out what this means and how to fix it?  Thank you!
'Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error in your org which is preventing this assessment check from completing: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Account number must be 8 characters long.: []'
Sampath SuranjiSampath Suranji
Hi Stephanie,

Did you check the note mentioned in the below of the challenge
"NOTE: To complete this challenge, you may have to deactivate the validation rule for the Contacts object (created from a previous challenge)."

You must disable the validation rule created before.

Best Regards
Sampath 
Hi Sampath, thank you for responding. Yes, all previous processes have been deactivated except for the current one I'm trying to complete. Is there something specific I need to do to deactivate a validation rule if the whole process is deactivated? Is the 'validation rule' the same as the 'criteria'? Thank you.
Sampath SuranjiSampath Suranji
Hi,
Please double check in the Account object whether there is an active validation rule which check the account number length. If so please inactivate it. Also you can try with an Account which has more than 8 number of characters for the Account number field.
If this didn't get success you can try it with another trailhead playground

Thank you. I am very new at this and as I was going through the trails, I realized that I did do a validation rule in a different unit, which I guess is where I got confused. I now deactivated it, but it came up with a new error. Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: An update to an account record failed to update the mailing address fields of all child contact records. Make sure that the process is correct and that it is activated. I will see if I can work through this error. Thank you for your help!
East Asia 2020East Asia 2020
Thanks Sampath