function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris McCulloughChris McCullough 

Roles aren't showing up under sharing options

I am working on this challenge. I am having issues following the directions. Salesforce cannot find the specified roles (Channel Sales Team, Eastern Sales Team, and Western Sales Team), as shown in the pictures. Can anyone provide the solution to this obstacle?

User-added image
User-added image

ArleneArlene
You may already know this, and I apologize if so.  Nearly everything salesforce creates has 3 names -- the "ugly" Id, a label, and an API Name.  Sometimes it's hard to tell when you need to use the label, and when you need to use the API Name.  The biggest difference is that labels can have spaces, and API names cannot.  So if you create something with the name Channel Sales Team, Salesforce will create it with the API Name "Channel_Sales_Team".  I've not used the dialog you are using above, so cannot be sure whether they are looking for the label (with spaces) or the API Name (without spaces).  So I would put Channel* into the field and click the magnifying glass.  Hopefully it, will then find your roles, list them, and you can choose the one you want.  Good luck!
Chris McCulloughChris McCullough
Hi Arlene,
Thanks for your response! I went ahead and did what you recommended. It did not work. I tried searching for the roles listed above and I don't think they exist. Would Trailhead require that I create these roles to complete this challenge (when it isn't specified in the directions)?