function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rovan MonteiroRovan Monteiro 

Hi,I have created a Custom field(abc__c) in Case object.This field ll have a unique value per case just like the Case ID.I want to construct a URL which uses this custom field abc__C, and not the record id of the Case.

Hi Folks,
I have created a Custom field(abc__c) in Case object. This field will have a unique value per case just like the Case ID.
I want to construct a URL which uses this custom field abc__C, and not the record id of the Case. When the user clicks on the URL the case record should open as per users permissions. 
RD@SFRD@SF
Hi Rovan,

The id is essential to form such a link. Is there a specific requirement around it. Do you want to mask the id?

RD
Actually, the case is created in another system (Non Salesforce) and then it is pushed to the Salesforce. Same time we notify the Customer.
Since the Case iD would not be available at that point in time, we want them to provide a URL with other field (abc__C), and not the record id of the case.
Hi Folks,
The below URL searches for a record using the  Record ID like below. I, however, want to construct the URL using a Custom Field (IncidentNumber__C) in that object. Is that possible? 

https://hellosalesforce.lightning.force.com/lightning/r/Incident_Mgmt__c/a625D0000004F1gQAE/view