function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
fred flores 20fred flores 20 

Add an Action to Update the Opportunity

Based on the following Trailhead exercise https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/automate_business_processes/projects/flow_calculate/steps/flow_calculate_implement
the flow does calculate the percentage but does not calculate the discount value in currency as noted in the lesson? I added the field to the page which was missing I assume the flow needs additional steps for the value to place into Discount_Amount__c. 
Best Answer chosen by fred flores 20
Narender Singh(Nads)Narender Singh(Nads)
Hey Fred,
Please make sure that your 'Discount Percent' is a percent field with 0 decimal points
And 
'Discounted Amount' a formula field with:
Amount * (1 - Discount_Percentage__c), in the formula.

Thanks.

All Answers

I did find an error with the discounted Amount field. Once I fixed the field name the process worked but did not update the field value. The lesson did give me an all complete but as stated before I did not find a value in the currency field.
Hi Fred,
Refer these screenshots and let me know if it helps.

1.Order 1

2.User-added image

3.User-added image

4.User-added image

5.User-added image

Images Continued...
6. User-added image

7.User-added image

8.User-added image

Narender, as stated the discount is working fine. The failure is the discount value in currency. I went back thru the lesson did not find specific flow to support this field. Thanks for your outline.
Hey Fred,
Please make sure that your 'Discount Percent' is a percent field with 0 decimal points
And 
'Discounted Amount' a formula field with:
Amount * (1 - Discount_Percentage__c), in the formula.

Thanks.
This was selected as the best answer
Narender thanks for the tip. I added two formula fields. One for the Discount value and updated the Discounted_Amount__c into a formula to handle the final value which will now be Amount - discounted_Amount2__c (which holds discounted value) . So my page shows the amount of the discount in $ and the updated value less the discount. To match the lesson.