function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kate Lo 14Kate Lo 14 

Trailhead project error: Create Custom Recruiting Fields step

Hi all,
I'm stuck on the last step of the "Build a Data Model for a Recruiting App" project (Create Custom Recruiting Fields).
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/projects/build-a-data-model-for-a-recruiting-app/steps/create-custom-recruiting-fields
I'm fairly sure I've followed the steps correctly, but I get the error:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The field 'Leadership_Skills__c' either does not exist on the Review__c object or it is not of type Picklist.

However it definitely exist as a pick list - see screen shot.

What have I missed? Thanks very much...

Review custom object showing Fields and Relationships

Best Answer chosen by Kate Lo 14
KiranMKiranM
Hi @
Kate Lo 14

Can you check the Field Level Security on 'Leadership_Skills__c' field and make sure the visible is checked for 'System Admin'  profile.I think that might be the reason why the system is not able to see that field.

All Answers

KiranMKiranM
Hi @
Kate Lo 14

Can you check the Field Level Security on 'Leadership_Skills__c' field and make sure the visible is checked for 'System Admin'  profile.I think that might be the reason why the system is not able to see that field.
This was selected as the best answer
Kate Lo 14Kate Lo 14
That fixed it! I didn't even think to check there. Thanks very much! :)
KiranMKiranM
@ Kate Lo 14 You’re welcome.Glad I could help ! 🙂
Natalie O'ReillyNatalie O'Reilly
I am on the third unit for "Build a Data Model for a Recruiting App", but have run into a problem. When I click on the App Launcher - all I see is the "Recruiting App Overview" not "Recruiting" by itself. When I try to install the app again, it says that I have two custom relationships that already exist.  I am able to find a tab titled Positions like it watnts me to, but not within the "Recruiting" app.  (I don't think) because in the upper left corner it says "Sales".  Plus, when I try to create a new position, the Sales department is not an option nor is US an option for location.  Any thoughts? The error message states that it could not find Super Sales Rep position even though I clearly see it listed under Positions in the "Sales" app. 
hari prasad 197hari prasad 197
HI Natalie,

Did you find a solution for the problem.
 i am having the same issue aswell -the Sales department is not an option nor is US an option for location.