function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pascal tagPascal tag 

Trailhead Challenge Error: Review the instructions for setting the Job Posting status to 'Read/Write'.

In "Keep Data Secure in a Recruiting App" trailhead project, on step "Restrict Data Access with Field-Level Security, Permission Sets, and Sharing Settings", I have got the following error :

Review the instructions for setting the Job Posting status to 'Read/Write'

Did someone faced that and how to fix it ?

There's something weird. on the last screenshot regarding (Sharing settings), I see that Job Posting is "Public read only"
But this object is a junction object and following the steps won't give access to this setting but "Controlled by Parent".

I'm don't understand what "status" is referenced by the error message. There's a status field on Job Posting Site object as well as on Position object but not on Job Posting which contains only 2 master details fields.
Best Answer chosen by Pascal tag
pcouchmanpcouchman
I managed to fix this by changing the relationships to Position and Job Posting Site from Master-Detail to Lookup. This allows you to set the permissions for the Job Posting object independently to Public Read Only which then passes the verify step.
Probably not the best way to write the app, but at least you can get the badge :)

All Answers

Connie Hazendonk 1Connie Hazendonk 1
I have the same problem. Seems there are quite some bugs in this Mint Chip Release projects. Hopefully someone can come with an answer here!
DhirendrasinghDhirendrasingh
I too got the same error, cross checked multiple time. There is no place where it say to specifty permission for Job Posting status. I seem to be bug in the validation of this badge
Marius Matei 24Marius Matei 24

I have the same problem too. User-added image

Vivek Hari 6Vivek Hari 6
I too have the same problem.
Katia PadfieldKatia Padfield
Same here.
Mark Bailey 8Mark Bailey 8
I am having the same problem as everyone else   https://prnt.sc/jopqb5  https://prnt.sc/jopptg
pcouchmanpcouchman
I managed to fix this by changing the relationships to Position and Job Posting Site from Master-Detail to Lookup. This allows you to set the permissions for the Job Posting object independently to Public Read Only which then passes the verify step.
Probably not the best way to write the app, but at least you can get the badge :)
This was selected as the best answer
Pascal tagPascal tag
Thanks a lot for your help Paul !
It's a pity the error message is confusing but there are always smart guys :-)
Connie Hazendonk 1Connie Hazendonk 1
pfeww. finally managed to change and get the badge. Thanks Paul. Had to do a bit of digging around to find what to change but now got the badge!
Madog WilliamsMadog Williams
Yes same error message as the feild shows 'controlled by parent' in the OWD . Thanks for the workaround will do it via schema for a change.

JONATHAN Trailhead DEV BONDOREVSKYJONATHAN Trailhead DEV BONDOREVSKY
May 2020
same situation - Will try the workaround you mentioned

Error:  Review the instructions for setting the Job Posting Site status to 'Public Read Only'. BUT Positions  is set to private and there is a Master-Detail to Lookup
REquest: 
Select Public Read Only for the Job Posting Site object.
Select Private for the Position object.