function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Connie Hazendonk 1Connie Hazendonk 1 

mint chip - several errors / bugs in the modules and projects

I am not sure if it is just me but in several of the modules I come across the problem that info is not correct. Yet I have followed the extact instructions. I even did the exercises in different orgs again to make sure I did it correct and still not working. Anyone any tips?

The ones I am struggling with are:
  • Prepare Your Salesforce Org for Users - Set up the Exchange Rate
    • followed the instructions but still gives an error
  • Improve Data Quality for a Cleaning Supply App - Create a Formula Field
    • Doesn't accept the annual revenue formula field
  • Customize a Salesforce Object - Create account page layouts
    • Set up the partner account layout as instructed, again doesn't accept what I have done
  • Keep Data Secure in a Recruiting App - Restrict Data Access with Field-Level Security, Permission Sets, and Sharing Settings
    • Review the instructions for setting the Job Posting status to 'Read/Write'. - again all the modules done correct so this is a weird error
I also posted this in the community where someone mentioned to create a support ticket, but that doesn't work.

Hopefully someone here can help in getting these bugs sorted. It means I have 3 badges I cannot collect at the moment!

Someone mentioned creating tickets for this, but not sure how to do this. Any guidance would be great
Katia PadfieldKatia Padfield
Hi Connie,

In regards to your first point, here is the solution:
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums?id=9060G0000005dDZQAY#!/feedtype=SINGLE_QUESTION_SEARCH_RESULT&id=9060G0000005ctjQAA

You might need to re-do the whole thing though, sorry!

Not sure about the Cleaning Supply and the partner account layout, but I'm also stuck with the Recruiting app Job Posting and currently looking for a solution.
For the last one Keep Data secure, solution can be found here https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=9060G0000005dD5 :-)
I like how we can all work together to get thing sorted

The customise salesforce object, as advised by other user, continue with the next step, complete it, then go back and verify the page layout one. It then gets verified. Weird, but it works :-)