function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Malisa Gibbons 9Malisa Gibbons 9 

opportunity product id on reports

How can I pull the Salesforce Product Id into a report so I can make a Mass Update to the products?
Best Answer chosen by Malisa Gibbons 9
Narender Singh(Nads)Narender Singh(Nads)
Hi Malisa,
There is no way we can do this by leveraging the standard report type or even custom report types. 

Workaround:
Create a formula field on product object say Product ID. Populate it with the id of product record. Use this formula field in your reports.

Mark it as the best answer if it helps you so that others with similar problem can benefit from this post.
Thanks

All Answers

Hi Malisa,
Create a custom report type with base object as Products. There you can find the product ID field to get into your report.

Thanks
Malisa Gibbons 9Malisa Gibbons 9
If I make "Products" the base of the custom report - I cannot see what Opportunity the product is assigned to.  I need to pull a report for opportunitities wtih certain products, then change out the product.  I have 156 opps that will need to be changed so trying to automate.
Hi Malisa,
There is no way we can do this by leveraging the standard report type or even custom report types. 

Workaround:
Create a formula field on product object say Product ID. Populate it with the id of product record. Use this formula field in your reports.

Mark it as the best answer if it helps you so that others with similar problem can benefit from this post.
Thanks
This was selected as the best answer