function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Complete noviceComplete novice 

Guide Users Through Your Business Processes with Cloud Flow Designer - Lightning component not working

I kept getting an error message when checking my challenge to say that it couldn't find Last Name and Company ifields in my screen element.  I managed to get that working and passed the challenge, however if I go to my home page, the create lead lightning component isn't showing.  instead I get the following error message:

We can't launch this flow because of a variable error. Send this error message to your admin. The value null is being provided for variable leadId but isn't compatible with the variable's data type (String). Check the places where you implemented the flow ‒ such as through a Lightning page or a custom button ‒ and make sure that all provided values are compatible with the variables' data types.

The variable LeadId is a text field.

What have I done wrong and why did it let me pass the challenge if it doesn't work properly?

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Novice,

Sorry for this issue you are encountering.

May I suggest you please check with below links which might help you further with reference to the above issue. Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
Complete noviceComplete novice
Hi  Nagendra,

I checked against these threads and my fields are named as suggested.  For me it is the message I'm getting on the home page which is the problem, and I can't work out how I passed the challenge if there's an error.

Hopefully I won't have to use this further down the trail!