function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tulasi ram 1tulasi ram 1 

custom setting records are not working in target org after installing managed package

Hi I am using Custom settings in visualforce page. And i am creating a managed package included both visualforce pages and custom settings. After installing managed package in target org i am creating custom setting records in target org. But those records are not working why i dont know. please somebody help me on this.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Tulasi,

sorry for this issue you are encountering.

May I request you please confirm Is your custom setting in the managed package are protected or public?

I've performed a significant amount of testing with custom settings in a managed package and there is some peculiar behavior when using protected custom settings in a managed package.  They more or less don't work, anything that's installed with your managed package (unless it's Apex code) appears to have the namespace part of the reference to the custom setting stripped off and becomes unable to reference the setting.  

Note, this doesn't mean your protected custom setting is wholly unusable, you can reference it in the org you installed the managed package into, you just can't reference it from anything that was installed with your managed package (unless it's Apex).  

If you change the custom setting to public it will work just fine.

Please let us know if this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra

tulasi ram 1tulasi ram 1
No, it is public. But no luck for the records which i am creating after installing the managed package in target org. There is a custom setting reference in visualforce page li's. There are some li's in VF page, those will be displayed based on profile. I was created custom setting records at profile level. But those are not working.