function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Karin AthanasKarin Athanas 

use data loader to export data

I was trying to log in to Dataloader as part of the "User Data Loader to Expert Data" Module and it's not recognizing my login and password, I tried using my trailhead URL, but still nothing. Any ideas?
Best Answer chosen by Karin Athanas
Narender Singh(Nads)Narender Singh(Nads)
Hi ,
To log into Data loader, your login password is not just your password.
In order to login into Data Loader, your password will be concatenation of your password and the security token.
To get the security for your org, go to my settings by clicking the your name. Go to personal information. Click reset my security token. Your security token will be emailed to you. 
Your login password will be then: your password+security token.
Example:
password=xxxx;
Security token=asdgfuycaksfhaif
Final Password: xxxxasdgfuycaksfhaif

Use this concantenated password to login into dataloader.

Let me know if it helps.
Thanks

All Answers

Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi

Hi Karin,

You can use the Data Loader export wizard to extract data from any Salesforce object. For your error, I think you have missed the security token after password you just use your Salesforce Login Password and Security Token.
For reset your security token follow these steps:

>From your personal settings, enter Reset in the Quick Find box, then select Reset My Security Token.
>Click Reset Security Token. The new security token is sent to the email address in your Salesforce personal settings.

For export data I'm sharing you a link that helps you:

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=exporting_data.htm&type=5

Please let me know if you have any query. Mark it as Best if it helps you.

Thanks
Ajay

SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

I would suggest you try in an incognito window.Also after resetting the password log out from the account and then login with your new username and password then go to Dataloader in the SetUp.

Please mark it as Solved if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya

Hi ,
To log into Data loader, your login password is not just your password.
In order to login into Data Loader, your password will be concatenation of your password and the security token.
To get the security for your org, go to my settings by clicking the your name. Go to personal information. Click reset my security token. Your security token will be emailed to you. 
Your login password will be then: your password+security token.
Example:
password=xxxx;
Security token=asdgfuycaksfhaif
Final Password: xxxxasdgfuycaksfhaif

Use this concantenated password to login into dataloader.

Let me know if it helps.
Thanks
This was selected as the best answer

Hi All,

Thanks for your assistance, but I'm not sure what's going on. I've clicked the button to reset my security token 2 days in a row and both times I don't get an email with the number. The email address is correct so I'm not sure why it's not working. Should I just create a new playground and start the whole project over? I know it's supposed to email be the token because I've done it a few timse on my production site so I'm not sure why it's not working this time. Any advice would be much appreciated and thanks to all that have responded thus far.

I just rest my password and I'm not getting that email either. It's throwing me, am trying to create a new playground and will start over from step one and see if that solves it. Will keep you all updated!
HI All, Just wanted to say thanks to everyone! Got this one finished, I needed to use my developer org and not a playground so that's my tip for people struggling. But your advice was the piece of info I needed so THANKS!!
Hi Karin,
Am glad it worked out for you. 
I just want to mention that in case of trailhead playground, you have to use the username for that trailhead playground. 
I guess you were not using the correct username.

To get the username for your trailhead playground, 
In your trailhead playground, Go to Setup-> manage users-> users.
Find your username for that trailhead playground from the list users.
it will look something like this: narender.singh@curious-bear-201924.com
Narender, I was using the correct username, correct URL, correct password. Just couldn't get the system to email me the security token. It's very definitely an issue with the SF Playgrounds, I've raised a support ticket.
Ohh! In that case you did the right thing by raising a ticket.