function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Cisor Jaffa-BobCisor Jaffa-Bob 

Trailhead: Team Roles | Protect Your Data in Salesforce -> Set Up Account Teams

I can't get past this Trailhead module. 

I keep getting this error message:
"We couldn’t find 'Sales Engineer' in a team role. Review the instructions for creating the 'Sales Engineer' role."

I have Account Teams enabled
I have populated the Team Roles with "Sales Engineer" and "Support Rep" 

I have added my user derfault team. 

And I'm out of ideas! 

Any help appreciated
Best Answer chosen by Cisor Jaffa-Bob
Grzegorz Krawczyk 7Grzegorz Krawczyk 7
The default team should be like this:
User-added image

All Answers

Hi, 

Did you specify in Role Hierarchy that Sales Engineer reports to "Director, Direct Sales" ? For me it was an issue. It wasn't correct specified. Also in trail it says that it is "Customer Support Rep", not "Support Rep".
Hi, thanks for trying to help me!

Unfortunately, I've already got both of your points covered and still can't preceed :( 

Sales Engineer role reports in to Director, Direct Sales and the other role is named Customer Support Rep
RolesScreenshot

"Support Rep" is used as the Team Role value 
TeamRoleScreenshot

Any other ideas?

Thanks again!
And which members did you add to a default team? Could you send screenshot from the point 6 from this excercise? 

The default team should be like this:
User-added image
This was selected as the best answer
Genius. How you worked out that I'd missed that step, I have no idea. But that was it. I missed adding it to the account.

Thanks for your help! 
KavyaMaalika ChittamuruKavyaMaalika Chittamuru
Hi,
I have deleted the default team and readded it by selecting both the checkboxes and i could clear the badge successfully. 
Nazia SyedNazia Syed
Hi  Cisor Jaffa-Bob 

I am facing a similar issue did u resolve the problem 

We couldn’t find 'Sales Engineer' in a team role. Review the instructions for creating the 'Sales Engineer' role. 

福強 楊福強 楊
U can resolve the problem :
Add the default team to one of your accounts.
Ram-KarmaRam-Karma
How to perform this action Add Default Team.
vj_warriervj_warrier
In Default Account team while adding a user make sure the two check boxes are ticked.
Goushiikh .Goushiikh .
User-added image
what should do for this step i have created sales engineer but it displayes as sales enginee so i could not complete the badge please help me
Eike SommerEike Sommer
My issue with the exercise was that I had setup Amy Daniels as Customer Support Rep wrongly. I did all the corrections but missed out to re-add the default team again - the error message remained "We couldn’t find 'Sales Engineer' in a team role. Review the instructions for creating the 'Sales Engineer' role." though, that's why I struggled to finde the answer. 

Dijana BursacDijana Bursac
I was also having "We couldn’t find 'Sales Engineer' in a team role. Review the instructions for creating the 'Sales Engineer' role." error.
I also had an error when I was trying to Add Default Team on Edge Communications Account.
I added Team members manually, picked myself and Amy Daniels and Noah Larking and I passed.
Hope this helps.
Pavao Dasović 12Pavao Dasović 12
Check if your org has 'Edge Communications' account. If not, create it manually and add the account team to it.
Laura Margarita AlvarezLaura Margarita Alvarez
Hello everyone, my org has the Edfe commuications account, but I am not able to perform this step: 

Select the Account Layout checkbox to add the Account Team related list to the page layout.

I cannot find the account Layout checkbox, Can anyone help me with that? as a consequence i cannot add the team to the edge communications accounts
Nayakidi AshishNayakidi Ashish
Hey @Laura Margarita Alvarez, I have also faced the same issue. Just go to Edge communication->gear icon->edit page->select related to the left. On the right, click on view all page layouts. In the page layouts, open each one of them and select related lists. In that add account team. Repeat the step for all page layouts and now you can click add a team on edge communication page.
Enes ŞimşekEnes Şimşek

Helo everyone, 

I recommend you to do this steps to pass this challange,

1.Click the App Launcher  and select Sales.
2.Click the Accounts tab.
3.From the List Views picklist, select All Accounts.
4.Click Edge Communications.
5.In the Account Team related list, click Add Default Team.
6.Look at the Account Team related list again to make sure the team was added.

Stay with love :)

Ezra EhocheEzra Ehoche
Make sure that Amy Daniels is active.
Anara AkmatalievaAnara Akmatalieva
I had also this issue. First, make sure there is a "Sales Engineer" value in the Account Team Role picklist. If there isn't then add the Sales Engineer to the picklist.