function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mayleen LaureanoMayleen Laureano 

On my trailhead, it shows 2 Salesforce licenses are used, but on the Users, I can see only 1 user with System Admin profile. I cannot create user with system admin profile because there is no available Salesforce license. Please advise. Thank you.

Best Answer chosen by Mayleen Laureano
Narender Singh(Nads)Narender Singh(Nads)
Hi Mayleen,

Please don't confuse the Salesforce licenses with profiles. 
Under 'salesforce' user license there are mutilple profiles.

The reason you can't create a new user with Salesforce license is because there must be 2 users with Salesforce license. 
Two users with Salesforce license can have different profiles other than System Admin.

Please identify the user with Salesforce license from your user list, deactivate the user. 
Now you will find Salesforce license in the dropdown list.

All Answers

Bala Gangadhar VadlamuriBala Gangadhar Vadlamuri
Dear Mayleen,

Please share the screenshot of users. May be you created other user with some other licnece. try deleting that user.

Regards,
Bala
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Mayleen,

The issue you're getting due the hitting the maximum numbers of Salesforce User License.

Goto : Setup > (In the quick find enter "Users")> Check the number of user using the below following profiles:

a) Cleaner
b) Contract Manager
c) Custom: Marketing Profile
d) Custom: Sales Profile
e) Custom: Support Profile
f) Marketing User
g) Read Only
h) Sales
i) Solution Manager
j) Standard User
k) System Administrator

Hope it helps.
Mark it best if solved.

Thank you,
Ajay Dubedi

Hi Mayleen,

Please don't confuse the Salesforce licenses with profiles. 
Under 'salesforce' user license there are mutilple profiles.

The reason you can't create a new user with Salesforce license is because there must be 2 users with Salesforce license. 
Two users with Salesforce license can have different profiles other than System Admin.

Please identify the user with Salesforce license from your user list, deactivate the user. 
Now you will find Salesforce license in the dropdown list.

This was selected as the best answer
fred flores 20fred flores 20
Mayleen below is the check that I did on my own system that you can run on yours. 
1. Run System Overview:
system overview
Next as Ajay explained you need to check the users "Profiles" you have in your system. If you have the System Admin (1 license count). and any Standard users (1 license count). In and dev org this would max out your count. See below.
2. From the "Manage Users" do a Profile check
Profile_users check
In my case I have two licenses in use, therefore I am over the license count. If I remove the Standard user. This would clear the problem.
I hope you find this useful. If so, please mark this as the best answer.

Regards
Fred Flores
Salesforce Professional 
Fellow TrailBlazer
Thank you Narender. It works:) Regards, Mayleen 00971 56 422 3158
Thanks Fred. It works now :) Regards, Mayleen 00971 56 422 3158
Awesome!

If you don't mind, kindly mark a best answer so that others having similar issue can benefit from this post.

Thanks!
Thanks Bala. Regards, Mayleen 00971 56 422 3158
Kareena SughandKareena Sughand
Thank you Fred! Your trick worked. Deactivating a Standard User from the Profile which fell under Salesforce license. Dint know that.