function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Pushkar Bhutada 5Pushkar Bhutada 5 

Hi All, I am getting this error message on my trailhead free trail financial Service Cloud

I am getting the following error message while creating an account (Person Account/Household):

"FinServ.AccountTrigger: execution of BeforeInsert caused by: FinServ.MoiExceptionWrapper.ValidationException: Your account record type is missing, a duplicate, or invalid. Ask your admin to check the individual record type configurations in Setup. (FinServ)"

I think it has something to do with my account record type settings. I tried checking in setup for the same but couldn't find anything. Also under Wealth Management Set up> Groups > Record types - I didn't find any records. Is this ok?

*Note - The org set up is not part of any firm or entity. Its set up for training purposes as suggested in Trailhead modules.

Any help to resolve this would be great. Thanks in advance.
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Provide the link of the trailhead you are trying.

Best Regards,
Sandhya
Hi Sandhya,
Thanks for the reply. Please see the following trailhead module link (if I understood what you are asking) -
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/fsc_data_model/units/fsc_data_model_unit_3

OneView Admin 01OneView Admin 01
Hi Sandhya and Pushkar, were you able to figure this out?  I'm having the same problem.  
Jessica TroianelloJessica Troianello
I am getting the same error, see attached screenshot, when trying to create the household.
error on creating household
And this may or may not be related , but when looking at Rachel Adams financial Accounst I see errors too, second screen shot attached
Error on financial Accounts
Rebecca Hall 17Rebecca Hall 17
Receiving same exact error. Any solutions found? I cannot proceed with Trailhead exercises.
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delayed response. I have not been able to find solution or workaround so far.

Thanks.

Reagan Hoan 12Reagan Hoan 12
Hi,

The solution here is to look at the Individual Record Type Mapper.

Be sure that it's listed as follows:

Label:Person Account 
Individual Record Type Mapper Name: PersonAccount
Account Record Type: PersonAccount

Note the SPACE in Label and lack of space in the other two.

Adam DelauterAdam Delauter
Hi Reagan, 
I'm getting the same error as those above, but have the Individual Record Type Mapper listed as you have shown above.  See below: 

User-added image
Rafael N CunhaRafael N Cunha
Hi Pushkar,
  The solution I got was creating another Person Account RecordType with the name Billing Group. I don't know why the trailhead says to create a group recordtype and use the Account Record Type field as Billing_Group since we do not have created this account recordtype. I hope this helps.

Account Record Type
Eschel Hamel 13Eschel Hamel 13
Be sure to check the additional person account record type, Policy Holder, you created in the previous step, Work with Records (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/fsc_build_loyalty/modules/fsc_data_model/units/fsc_data_model_unit_2).

You'll want to double check that you've set the two fields properly.

If that wasn't created properly it will cause this error.
Eschel Hamel 13Eschel Hamel 13
Clarification - set the two fields properly when adding it to the custom metadata.
praveenkmrsinghpraveenkmrsingh
Set the below three fields properly, and this is working for me.

User-added image

Please mark this answer as best if it helps.
VVS Udaya Kiran AthmakuriVVS Udaya Kiran Athmakuri
@praveenkmsingh,

Now i am able to save the record. But once click on the account record, getting the following error. 
Getting error once click on the account record
NiñoNiño
I had the same issue and found that the reason is that I have mispelled the word in one of the record i created in the custom metadata and the other one I forgot to include the record type api name so the issue could be due to the data you have entered.
Tyler Tran 94Tyler Tran 94
@Rafael your solution, it works for me, thanks
Tulsi Hemrajani 7Tulsi Hemrajani 7
@Rafael , this worked for me. But didn't make any sense to me. Dunno. 
Tulsi Hemrajani 7Tulsi Hemrajani 7
Thanks 
Lawrence ReidLawrence Reid
This is still an issue with this trail. Thanks for saving me too. 
mahesh dobariya 11mahesh dobariya 11
I had the same error: I followed the below steps carefully, It resolved. I was missing this field: For Account Record Type, enter Policy_Holder.

Now that you’ve created the record type for the person account, map it to behave like a Financial Services Cloud person.
Click  and select Setup. Lightining
From Setup, enter Custom in the Quick Find box, then select Custom Metadata Types.
Click Individual Record Type Mapper.
Click Manage Individual Record Type Mappers.
Click New.
Complete the following information for the record type mapper.
Enter the label for your custom record type mapper: Policy Holder.
For Account Record Type, enter Policy_Holder.
Save your changes.

MsquareMsquare
Yes, that's right, the issue is because of the Policy Holder Record type created in previous step. if you delete and re-create it by giving account record type as : Policy_Holder and then create household account, it works fine.
Sonia Handa 3Sonia Handa 3
Hi All,

I did everything given in the posts above like correcting the Record type name .I am still getting the same error

Please help
Taiwo Aladeojebi 8Taiwo Aladeojebi 8

Follow the steps below to resolve the issue

Firstly create the record type in Person Account
Record Type Label Gold Client
Record Type Label: Gold Client

Record Type Name: GoldClient

Now that you’ve created the record type for the person account, map it to behave like a Financial Services Cloud person.
Click  and select Setup. Lightining
From Setup, enter Custom in the Quick Find box, then select Custom Metadata Types.
Click Individual Record Type Mapper.
Click Manage Individual Record Type Mappers.
Click New.
Enter the label for your custom record type mapper: Gold Client.

Individual Record Type Mapper NameGoldClient
For Account Record Type, enter GoldClient.
Save your changes.
Label Gold Client

Romal SapruRomal Sapru
Mahesh's solution worked.
Karan Shah 52Karan Shah 52

Hi Everyone !!

I am facing the same issues and tried everything as siggested above and still facing the same issue. It would be great if someone can help me in order to get going forward. I have very limited time to get this module done and stuck with this issue. 

Trailhead location where I am stuck

Error while creating the account for torres
User-added image

Appreciate your help in advance !!

Thanks,
-Karan

Michal Macák 5Michal Macák 5

hi @Pushkar,

It is possible to create Household when you remove Policy_Holder  from Custom metadata (previous step) 

Phil Westerby-JonesPhil Westerby-Jones
I had exactly this problem yesterday, I deleted the Individual Record Type Mapper for "Policy_Holder" (even though all 3 fields were correct, as someone else reported earlier) and then all worked fine :)
Fernando Fernandez 7Fernando Fernandez 7

I could only avoid the error by creating the record type "Policy Holder" under Person Account / Record Types instead of Account / Record Types when following these instructions from Trailhead:

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/fsc_data_model/fsc_data_model_unit_2

User-added image

Shreyas Dhond 16Shreyas Dhond 16
I had to delete the Policy Holder record type created in the previous step to proceed as indicated in the financial services cloud documentation.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.financial_services_cloud_admin_guide.meta/financial_services_cloud_admin_guide/fsc_admin_enable_person_acct.htm
Arjun Singh 63Arjun Singh 63
@phil westerby-jones best answer!
Vijaya TuduVijaya Tudu
@ Karan Shah 52. Please let me know if you could find a solution to your query. I am facing the same issues.
Naresh Sabhnani 1Naresh Sabhnani 1
I ended up wasting a lot of time on this. None of the above solutions worked for me.
Naresh Sabhnani 1Naresh Sabhnani 1
Since None of the Solutions worked for me, I simply created a new FSC Trial Org (using a new email ID). It hardly took not more than 2 min and my issue got sorted. 

Link for creating new FSC Trial org: https://www.salesforce.com/form/signup/financial-services-cloud-trial/

Hope this helps!
Mia Nyfors  MoyaMia Nyfors Moya
Kudos to @Fernando Fernandez 7 for his solution! I did that way and it worked (at least for now. I'm working on the super badge so let's see the final outcome).
Saikat Basu 14Saikat Basu 14
Thank you very much @Shreyas Dhond 16.
Deleting Policy Holder record type has worked for me. Finally!!
Harshal Chowdhary 1Harshal Chowdhary 1
In the previous step - https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/fsc_data_model/fsc_data_model_unit_2?trail_id=fsc_build_loyalty
ensure you map Insurance_Customer in the Account Record Type field in custom metadata Individual Record Type Mapper.

Click  and then select Setup.
In the Quick Find box, enter meta, and then select Custom Metadata Types.
Next to Individual Record Type Mapper, select Manage Records.
Click New.
Enter the label for your custom record type mapper: Insurance Customer.
For Account Record Type, enter Insurance_Customer.
Click Save.
Carmen LiangCarmen Liang
I had to edit the Person Account record type names to Person_Account and it worked. 

1. Setup > Object Manager > Person Account > Record Types > Edit Person Account > Record Type Name: Person_Account 
2. Setup > Custom Metadata Types > Manage Records "Individual Record Type Mapper" > Edit "Person Account" > Account Record Type: Person_Account