function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KMK91KMK91 

Standard button Hide from related list

how to remove Standard button from related list in salesforce and assign to particular profiles (or)Specific users.

I know how to remove : Standard button from related list but i need to know assign to particular profiles (or)Specific users.

Thanks
KMK
Abhilash Mishra 13Abhilash Mishra 13
Related list are created when , an object has a master Detail or Lookup relationship with the other object. You can add or remove buttions from related list. However visibity of these related list button is controlled by the User (profile) having access to the object , Related list is referring to.

for example if its a contact object is related list and user doesnot have access to create contact. New Button will not be visible even though its on the related list.

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
If you want to hide it for particular profiles (or)Specific users its not possible directly .. 

Creat record type --> Create Page layout ( You can remove the button from this layout )--> Assign it to the profiles based on need  
KMK91KMK91
Hi Raj,

Without creating record types is there any way to implement this scenatio to Specific users 

Thanks
KMK
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
I dnt think so ..