function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brian Zentner 2Brian Zentner 2 

How do I report on the average amount of time between records?

I have a business case where I need to be able to report on the Mean Time between certain records based on some criteria.

Example: I have an object that tracks IT issues and they are prioritized 1 - 5 (1 being Severe to 5 being benign). I need to show Mean Time between the Priority 1 tickets and am struggling to pull that information into report format.

Any suggestions?
HARSHIL U PARIKHHARSHIL U PARIKH
I would say the magic of showing how often the priority 1 vs priority 5 cases are coming would be in reporting Brian. Of course, data model does matters but in your case, as long as you are storing data pretty decent way, you can accomplish this sorting things in reporting.

Create a report which would summarize Priority 1 cases by dates. If you want to go one deeper level then create a formula which pulls hour out of created date of a record and summarize via hour. Hope this makes sense!
Brian ZentnerBrian Zentner
Thank you for the response. Let me clarify a bit. I just need to be able to figure the average time between the P1 tickets. The challenge is, how do I track the time from the last P1 ticket to the most recent...or even for a specified date range, how do I track total time between the first P1 and the last P1 for said time range so that I can then divide by the total number of P1 issues?