function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Martina PastorkovaMartina Pastorkova 

Salesforce Connect - Integrate External Data Challenge

Use Salesforce Connect to link an External Object with Salesforce Users

The mobile phones being tracked by an external application are used by specific users in your Salesforce instance. Create an indirect lookup relationship between the 'Phone' External Object and the 'User' standard object.
  • Create an OData 2.0 external data source with 'Mobile Devices' as the label, 'Mobile_Devices' as the name, and this URL: https://phone-odata-demo.herokuapp.com/devices.svc/. Note: If you have completed the previous challenge in this module ('Setting up Salesforce Connect'), the External Data Source should already exist in your Developer Edition.
  • Add a new 'Phone UUID' custom field on the User standard object with the resulting API name of 'Phone_UUID__c'. The field should be of type 'Text' and marked as 'Unique' and 'External ID'.
  • Change the 'UUID' field on the 'Phone__x' external object to be an indirect lookup relationship to the 'User' standard object. Use the 'Phone_UUID__c' field as the matching key for this indirect lookup relationship.
  • Update any existing User record in your Developer Edition instance to have a value of '0000123442' for the 'Phone_UUID__c' field.
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The User standard object does not have a custom field with the API name 'Phone_UUID__c'

Anybody could help me to pass this one, please? I am not sure what User standard object is supposed to be, as I can not see any. Unless, this challenge was/should be updated.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Do you have permissions for  Phone_UUID__c for sys admin profile 
Martina Pastorkova 1Martina Pastorkova 1

What sort of permission set are we talking about here, please? @Raj V

System Admin can see the external object. But I can only link this to Account Object, not sure what User standard object refers to exactly.

Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Phone_UUID__c field permission ..
Martina Pastorkova 1Martina Pastorkova 1
I have created a custom field for User Standard Object called Phone_UUID__c.

Now, it shows me this error message now:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The 'Phone__x' external object is not correctly setup with an indirect relationship to the User standard object.

Any idea?