function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Raju MyadamRaju Myadam 

The field 'Loan_Amount__c' either does not exists on the Contact object or it is not of type currency.

I am trying to add a new custom field of type Currency to the Contact object. When I click Challenge, I am facing with following issue:
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The field 'Loan_Amount__c' either does not exists on the Contact object or it is not of type currency.
Haneef SHaneef S
Hello, 
can you share the screenshot of the field you created?
Thanks
Raju MyadamRaju Myadam
Please see below screenshots:

User-added image

Raju MyadamRaju Myadam
I have launched another sandbox environment and created a custom field. It was successful.
Akshay_DhimanAkshay_Dhiman

Hi Raju,

Please try this:

User-added image

Please let me know if there is any query.

Thanks,

Akshay

Gloria Schwartz 12Gloria Schwartz 12
I encountered the same issue. I edited the field and clicked the button to Set Field Level Security. I selected all and problem solved.
varsha mishravarsha mishra

I encountered the same issue. I edited the field and clicked the button to Set Field Level Security. I selected all still it is showing     The field 'Loan_Amount__c' either does not exists on the Contact object or it is not of type currency.
Olumide AyeniOlumide Ayeni
You may need to delete the Contact Object that you created and search for the existing Contact Object and add the Current data type as a Loan Amount.
Janet RusselJanet Russel
I had this problem this morning.  After trying several things I deleted the Loan Amount field I created and added it again.  I rechecked the challenge and this time it worked without an error.  I have no idea why it failed the 1st time and worked the 2nd time.  It was frustrating to have a basic challenge like adding a custom field fail without explanation.  Is there an issue with the challenge testing code?
Vanshaj TyagiVanshaj Tyagi
I also had this problem and it won't go easily but what I tried the, got submitted, you can also try that
1. create and launch  a  new playground 
2. Directly go to setup and then Object Manager
3. Search for a contact, select the "Contact" only 
4. Go to  Fields and Relationships on the left-hand sidebar -> New
5. Select Currency-> Laon Amount ->Next-> Next->Save
6. Submit the task. 

Jody GaglioJody Gaglio
Hi! I get the same issue and I was going mad! than without doit again or without create a new Playground, I notice that on the layout assignment was not included the Contact Layout under Minimum Access Saleforce, once I change it on Contact Layout ( as you can see from my screenshot ) the system recognize the exercise :) hope this will help  User-added image
Venkata AnumoluVenkata Anumolu
I am trying to add a new custom field of type Currency to the Contact object. When I click Challenge, I am facing with following issue:
Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: