function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tiare SolTiare Sol 

Trailhead: Use Picklists in Formulas

I just completed Advanced Formulas: Use Picklists in Formulas in Trailhead, but it was very frustrating. The instructions told us to create a case validation rule that would make it so that cases could not be escalated if the priority level was not marked to high, if the case was closed on create, or if it was set to closed before escalation. This was my original code, which worked in testing, but failed the challenge:

User-added image
This code resulted in the following error message: The validation rule does not appear to be working correctly. Marking IsEscalated to true and Priority to Medium did not fire the validation rule. Which makes no sense, because when I tested it, the rule was triggered when I set the status to escalated and priority to medium.

In the end, just to pass the challenge, I copied and pasted some other trailblazer's code which didn't even work when I tested it, but it still somehow met the requirements. I really don't get what I did wrong.
Krishna Kumar 148Krishna Kumar 148
Not recalling the scenario properly.  I believe this issue could be for the Escalated field. Check whether you have created IsEscalated field as Checkbox earlier