function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Viktor Khon 1Viktor Khon 1 

How to use Salesforce as backend database on a website

Hello dear community,

My company has decided to build a new website using an outside developer and I was taksed to find a way to connect our current Enterprise org with the website. Basically, we want to use Salesforce as our backend database.
Our users should be able to create a new user on the website, and their credential should be saved into Salesforce org. At the same time, one logged in they should be able to see their personal information as well as info from Related Lists. In addition, they should be able to freely interact with the website that uses API from other companies, and once queried that information should be saved in Salesforce as well. Users do not need access to any other information in Salesforce besides the data that directly relates to them.

I found a few solutions offered on the forum, but not exactly what I was looking for. Can you please share some resources that I can take a look into that can work in this case?

Thank you very much.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
You can able to extract the data into your extenal site by using .. 

salesforce REST API 
salesforce SOAP API 
Salesforce Connect 

etc ..
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi ,

PLease follow below url:-

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000109985&type=1

if you need any assistanse, Please let me know!!

Kindly mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Thanks
Mukesh
Gautam SFDCGautam SFDC
hi mukesh, I need some guidance from you on integration. how do we connect?
pallavi patil 24pallavi patil 24

Best practices and considerations
When building sites on Force.com, keep the following considerations in mind:
Content - Because your sites will be available to the public, don't publish anything inappropriate or confidential.
Testing - Test your site for every type of visitor and any kind of demand. Although your site may perform well on a test with 10 people, it could fail if thousands visit. Also, test different browsers to ensure all visitors have the same experience.
Performance and daily limits - Salesforce.com imposes some limits on your sites pages. Make sure you're aware of these limits so your visitors' experience is not degraded by poor performance. Refer to the Salesforce Sites Usage and Billing page for more information.
Schema design - This design influences database management and information retrieval. Well-written queries and careful schema design are keys for top performance, especially for high-traffic sites. Also consider indexing your design schema to optimize data retrieval.
Site design - When building your site, take into account whether you're porting an existing site or building a new one. Porting existing sites may affect the site's performance.
Web authentication - If you need a password protection or visitor authentication, build your site using communities to prevent access to protected content.
Additional resources
For additional considerations, best practices and information about Force.com, please review the following resources:
Introduction to Sites
Expand your reach with Communities Trailhead

Regards : Salesforce training in pune (https://www.sevenmentor.com/salesforce-training-in-pune.php)