function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sajana Thomas 3Sajana Thomas 3 

Process Builder not firing after dataload validation failure in sandbox

I have a process builder on an object which makes a field update based on a particular criteria on creation of the record. In addition to that there is a validation rule on the same object. If I try to bulk load a set of records using workbench or data loader, and any record fails due to the validation rule, then the following happens:
1. The remaining records gets created successfully 
2. The process builder does not fire on the new record.

However if all the records are loaded successfully, then the records are created and process builder and updates all the records. 
This is happening only in sandbox. Production instance works perfectly. Is this a salesforce behavior and is it documented anywhere?
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
When you are loading the bulk records , it will load by default 200 records as a batch .. if any record is failed entier batch is rollback and other batch is process successfully .. 

Sajana Thomas 3Sajana Thomas 3
The test scenario i am working on is to load 10 accounts, of which only 1 fails due to validation rule. The process builder works differently in sandbox and production. In production, inspite of one record failing, the process builder fires for all. But in sandbox if any one record fails, the proces builder does not fire. 
The concern is that sandbox and production works differently.