function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Neil Morris 12Neil Morris 12 

How do I set Salesforce For Outlook to automatically update to a newer version via SCCM

Hi,

Everytime there is a new update to Salesforce for Outlook, I package the software and deploy it to our users via SCCM. I was wondering if there was an easier way this could be managed by an automatic update either via SCCM or by the users themselves? Users do not have admin rights to their machines, but seeing how SFO is a user level installation, I was hoping there would be some solution to help manage these constant updates.

Thanks!

Sohan Raj GuptaSohan Raj Gupta
Hi Neil,

Now Salesforce has a new feature Lightning for Outlook and Lightning Sync.

Why Move to Lightning for Outlook and Lightning Sync?
Salesforce for Outlook has been a fine solution for helping your reps maintain data in Outlook and Salesforce. It’s installed software, though. And software, as you’re aware, requires maintenance and frequent version updates. Those updates require you, your company’s trusty admin, to coordinate software installations with your sales reps, so that everyone’s running the latest version. And everyone knows that all your reps run the same version of Salesforce for Outlook, right? (Wink!)

Well, the good news is that Lightning for Outlook and Lightning Sync are ready to go wherever your reps go. That means Lightning for Outlook is available to your reps on locally installed versions of Outlook and on Outlook on the web. Sales reps always have access to the latest and greatest features. And the newest features appear without you or your reps having to install updates. That’s a huge deal. And your friends in IT become even bigger fans of yours for choosing Outlook integration products with few maintenance requirements.

Plus, we’re excited to tell you that Lightning for Outlook now supports Mac users! But before you invest any time migrating your sales reps, review Lightning for Outlook system requirements in the Resources section.

You can learn it on trailhead https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trails/outlook_gmail_integration/modules/outlook_integration/units/outlook_integration_unit_2

Hope this will help you. Let me know if it helped or you need any more assistance. 

Please mark this is as the solution if it solved your purpose.

Thanks,
Sohan Raj Gupta 
Neil Morris 12Neil Morris 12
Hi Sohan, Thanks for your reply. Yes, we attempted to migrate our users across to Lightning for Outlook but found that Shared Mailboxes don't integrate with it. Many of our users have shared mailboxes within their same outlook profile and the plugin only appears for their main mailbox and not the shared mailboxes. Is there a way to get it to work for shared mailboxes?