function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mk450Mk450 

When we send emails from salesforce and attach a file from Box using files connect, neither the link nor the attachment get sent across

In salesforce lead from activity when i go to email option and attach file from Box Folder(Managed package) and send an email not get an attachment with email which i have attached.
- I have checked over Files Connect Settings in salesforce and found that there are two options for file sharing i.e copy & reference.
Copy stores a copy of external files in Salesforce. If files are shared with a Chatter group, all
group members can access the files, even if they lack access to the external system.
Reference points to external files stored outside Salesforce. No file previews are available,
and file downloads require user access to the external system. (Users must enter credentials
for the system in the Authentication Settings for External Systems section of personal setup).
So I have tried by changing file sharing to Copy from reference.
It works.
Observed one behaviour that when 1st  time I go to the email activity on detail page of lead and for attachment go to the box folders and select file it will not send attachment across and 2nd time when I come back to attach file the previous file which I was selected came in "Owned by me" section and if I select the same file from this section it will send an email with attachment.
Is there any way to send files directly from box or convert the files from box under “Owned by me” section?
Jason BerdenJason Berden
Did you ever manage to solve this? Currently facing the same issue with Sharepoint Files Connect.