function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LinThawLinThaw 

Platform App Builder Maintenance Certification (Summer '18) Get Hands-on with Flows

Hi there,

I got following error on this Maintenance Cert Badge.

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Couldn’t find 'Find Contacts' with the correct information. Please double check the instructions.

Did you pass it?
What's wrong with my flow.
User-added image

Thanks in advance
Regards,
LinThaw
Best Answer chosen by LinThaw
Kevin Carl DavidKevin Carl David
You dont need a loop for this one by the way. better to make use of the new Assignment operator from the summer update. for example: use "equals count" operator to count how many items ur Contact collection variable has to know the number of contacts.

User-added image
Also, after the decision go straight to the 2 outcome screens. no need for assignments at that point. 

i finished mine using just 6 elements. hope this helps! :)

All Answers

Doug BielDoug Biel
How does this flow know what contacts to pull relative to the account?

I used this to help me.

https://www.xgeek.net/salesforce/create-roll-up-summary-field-to-count-contacts-on-account-with-process-builder-and-flows/

Using that logic, I first found the accountID and from that searched for all contacts that matched that ID.

Saved it as a variable and then had another lookup for just the # of employees and did the decision and the final screen output.

That did work and I passed.

However, when I tried the tutorial above it seemes to only grab one random account and run it on that one only (as an auto launch flow without screens).  It did at least give the correct answer.  I don't know why it didn't run on all of them automatically, I'm still very new at all of this.  I did learn how loops and assignments work in a flow though so it was a sucess for me.
LinThawLinThaw
Thanks let me try.
You dont need a loop for this one by the way. better to make use of the new Assignment operator from the summer update. for example: use "equals count" operator to count how many items ur Contact collection variable has to know the number of contacts.

User-added image
Also, after the decision go straight to the 2 outcome screens. no need for assignments at that point. 

i finished mine using just 6 elements. hope this helps! :)
This was selected as the best answer
Nick GibbonsNick Gibbons
I'm getting the response:

Couldn’t find flow component 'Account Record Page' with the correct information. Please double check the instructions.

When I check the challenge, which makes no sense whatsoever. If this is how maintenance exams are going to work going forward then I'm not very impressed.
Mate, be sure you've added your flow in an account record page - just Switch to lightning experience, then go to any Account record, click the gear icon then "edit page".  you should be able to drag and drop "flow" to the page to add it then use the flow you've created.

Also, follow the spelling for element names from the instruction. maybe that helps too :-)
Nick GibbonsNick Gibbons
Thanks Kevin - I'd already added the flow to an account Lightning record page. It's all working as it should, including all specified component names but still no joy. It's all very frustrating.
LinThawLinThaw
Thanks Kevin!
That is greate loop is not need.
passed with following flow
User-added image
Hi Nick,
I also got error like u.
as for me, my flow api name was different.
so I clone new one and delete old one then,
error was gone! good luck u too.

Regards,
LinThaw
AmitVermaAmitVerma
Hi LinThaw,

Can you please help to show the criteria/conditions setup inside each block.

Regards,
Amit
LinThawLinThaw
Hi Amit Verma,

this is my settings.

User-added image
User-added image
User-added image

User-added image

Regards,
LinThaw
YoupmspYoupmsp
Many thanks LinThaw, helped a lot fix some minor issues in my flow!! ;) Really appreciate your support
LinThawLinThaw
Greate!
Lynn CohenLynn Cohen
Nick - I was having same problem. Issue was I create a new lightning record page for account first and added the flow to it and made that page the org default - that gave me same error that you saw. I then deactivated that lightning record page and followed the directions from Kevin to edit the out of the box record page and add the flow component. That worked and I passed.
Nick GibbonsNick Gibbons
Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions. In the end Lynn's suggestion is what worked for me - I created a new Trailhead Playground, re-created my Flow and embedded it in the OOB account Lightning page.
AmitVermaAmitVerma
Nick- please let me know your flow diagram and steps. I am still confused, getting error. I am missing few step.
Alex Valavanis 10Alex Valavanis 10
@LinThaw How did you create variable "Contacts" Can you provide a step by step guide?

User-added image
Michael GuzmanMichael Guzman
For those having problems with the "Couldn’t find flow component 'Account Record Page'" message, you may want to see if this helps... 

After you click on the gear from the Account record page you will be in the Lightning App Builder. On the right side of the screen you will see the Page Label and Developer Name information. When I changed the names to 'Account Record Page' and 'Account_Record_Page' respectively, it worked! You may need to enter Accounts again and/or check your Lighting Record Pages configuration in the Account object manager, but I hope this solves the problem.

User-added image
Alex Valavanis 10Alex Valavanis 10
Hi guys is there like a step by step guide cause it looks like there are some issues passing the maintenance exam.
SF should provide explainations on these...
Clay MorseClay Morse
Like others, I found this page when I ran into problems verifying the challenge. For errors, that reference "Account Record Page". This can be resolved by creating new Lightning Record Page "Account Record Page" and adding your "Compare Contacts vs Emps" component to it. Make sure that it is activated and set as the org default so that it found. Hope that this helps.
TedLiuTedLiu
Thanks everyone I wish I saw this thread earlier and it would have saved me couple hrs of heartburn with "Couldn’t find flow component Account Record Page". SF should mention that "Account Record Page" is lightning record page. I come from classic UI so was not aware of "Account Record Page". 
Sarada RVS 9Sarada RVS 9
@LinThaw,
I used same logic in the flow. But received below error:#Couldn’t find 'Find Number of Emps' with the correct information. Please double check the instructions.
I checked the API names for the every element too. Can you pelase suggest.
Alex CarrollAlex Carroll
I'm so stuck on this one. I see the helpful screenshots, but I guess I'm stuck on the SObject Variables/Collections steps. I genuinely need a step-by-step walkthrough on this one. If anyone would be generous enough to help me out, I could host on GoToMeeting, record it, and post it here for others to reference.
LinThawLinThaw
Hi Sarada and Alex

Please try with following steps.

Create new Flow and create Variables first
User-added image
Create Fast Lookup / Assignment / Record Lookup / Decision and
two Screens with Display Text
User-added image
User-added image

Connect each other and set starting point
Then save Flow as name with [Compare Contacts vs Emps]
Then activate Flow
User-added image

Edit Account Record Detail Page,
Insert Flow and then Save and Activate as Org Default
(make sure correct flow is selected and passed record ID to AccountId)
User-added image

See flow is working on account record detail page
then refresh your trailhead challenge page and
make challenge!

Good luck
Regards,
LinThaw
AmitVermaAmitVerma
Thank you LinThaw and Clay Morse !! :-)
It worked for me and completed the challenge.
Sarada RVS 9Sarada RVS 9
Thank you LinThaw , Silly me. Found "." after Find Number of Emps while naming the Record LookUp. Now it works. Thank you.
Avijit Chakraborty 41Avijit Chakraborty 41
Thank you all what i understand a new playground is needed to be successfull. or else account pagelayout error will be there
Andrew CookAndrew Cook
Thanks so much for your help guys this really cleared things up on where I was going wrong. I also had a slight issue with Trailhead recognising the correct Playground while being logged into multiple orgs but logging out and back in seemed to resolve this.
Susan TurpinSusan Turpin
Thank you Lin Thaw for the step by step of what we needed to do! It worked for me.  The Trailhead folks really need to improve instructions if they are expecting us to pass our maintenance exams with actual 'work' and using new features.
MYamadaMYamada
I appreciate all of your guidances and detailed hints with screenshots. I have succesfully finished the maintenance certification thanks to this forum. 
Eric_ChenEric_Chen
Lin Thaw and Michael Guzman you guys are amazing, thank you for the detailed guidance, finally passed after two hours of grinding! 
Kshitija GuntoorkarKshitija Guntoorkar
Hi all, the step by step implementation discussed in the comments is really helpful! I modified my flow and now it works as expected when I debug it. It also works as expected on the actual record page however when I check the challenge, I still get this message:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Couldn’t find flow component 'Account Record Page' with the correct information. Please double check the instructions.

My Account record page looks exactly like what Lim has shown in his comment on 23rd July. What can be wrong now?
AmitVermaAmitVerma
Hi Kshitija,

Creating a new Lightning Record Page named as "Account Record Page" and add the"Compare Contacts vs Emps" component to it. Ensure that it is activated and set as the org default so that it found. Please let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Amit
Srinivasa Amarendra Reddy VakaSrinivasa Amarendra Reddy Vaka
Thank you very much LinThaw, Kevin Carl David for the detailed steps. The flow worked like a charm and I also understood the flow end - end.

Thank you once again.

-Amar
Eugene ChiaEugene Chia
Thanks to LinThaw and to everyone who chipped in to help. Finally passed the trailhead.

Hope that salesforce could provide a more detailed step by step guide for the next release.
@AmitVarma, these are what my settings are:

Account Record PageFlow ComponentOrd Wide default

Any thoughts anybody? The flow component shows correct message on the actual account record. Flow debug also shows correct values. It is just the hands on challenge which is not accepting it.
LinThawLinThaw
Hi Kshitija Guntoorkar,

Please try as below conversation.
User-added image

User-added image

And make sure Display Text are end with "."

Regards,
LinThaw

Hi @Lin, Thank you pointing that out. Even I had created a new record page instead of editing it from the actual record page. Now that error has been resolved but I get below error:

Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
Couldn’t find 'Compare Contacts vs Emps' with the correct information. Please double check the instructions.

Again, the debug of the flow and the flow component on the actual record page work as expected.
LinThawLinThaw
Hi Kshitija, 

Please try with new Trailhead Playground,
with step by step I mentioned above post.

Regards,
LinThaw

RémiRémi
Hello, many thank Lin for your time
without you, impossible to pass this certif maintenance
BR
Rémi (https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmilaurent/)

Matt MountainMatt Mountain
I keep getting this error - Couldn’t find 'Equal_Message: There are the same number of Contacts and Employees' with the correct information. 

Here is my flow along with the Screen paramaters.  I even included a "." at the end of the phrase.  Any ideas?User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image
Srinivasa Amarendra Reddy VakaSrinivasa Amarendra Reddy Vaka
@Matt Mountain,

In the last screenshot, you seem to have added the field as LongText Area. Remove it completely and add the field as 'Display Text' from Outputs section in the second tab("Add a Field"). Then copy paste the message "There are the same number of Contacts and Employees." as given in the challenge. 

That should fix the issue. Let me know if it doesn't.

-Amar
Matt MountainMatt Mountain
Thank you very much.  That fixed it!!!!
Alex CarrollAlex Carroll
Thank you to everyone, especially LinThaw for your amazing help. It helped me really make more sense of this process and this tool, which has stumped me for years. You guys are the best!
Garrett HuntGarrett Hunt
I am getting the same error Couldn’t find 'Equal_Message: There are the same number of Contacts and Employees' with the correct information. Please double check the instructions.  My Display text was and is setup exactly as described above and yet I am still getting the error.  Not really sure where to go from here.
ericsuericsu
I'm also running into the error mesage: Couldn’t find 'Equal_Message: There are the same number of Contacts and Employees'.  Here is my screen parameters...any ideas why it's being rejected?
User-added image
User-added image
LinThawLinThaw
hi

Please edit Screen Name to Equal.

Flow should include screen elements called Equal and Not Equal.

Regards,
LinThaw
ericsuericsu
Ah, thank you LinThaw!
Gimra MalapasGimra Malapas
thanks so much Lin Thaw for helping a Flow noob like me pass my Maintenance exam! =) 
Mukesh Kumar 107Mukesh Kumar 107
I was getting following error "Couldn’t find flow component 'Account Record Page'".

@Michael Guzman solution helped solve my problem.

here is my solution image.

Platform App Builder Certification Exam 2018
Rushabh Acharya 9Rushabh Acharya 9
Thanks Lin for this post, very helpful.
sarath lingutlasarath lingutla
LinThaw Thanks a Ton Awesome.. .. may be need one for step for creating Account record page ..
Claire NicolayClaire Nicolay
@LinThaw thanks a lot for your screenshots. I passed on first attempt
Karen Brown 39Karen Brown 39
so i just passed the maintenance exam using this to help... i think its bad that salesforce assume everyone knows how to implement lighting record pages... (fortunately we moved to lightning recently) but the elements and building out a flow is quite complex and not many people will have experience so i think excercises like this either need more detailed steps or a link to a pre req trailhead to help you get hands on with flows if you haventn built one before.
Prachi KPrachi K
Hi @LinThaw,
Could you please let me know if you also created any field on Account like "Number of Employess" or "Number of Contacts"?
Also which data type you used for these fields (i.e.- Number/Roll up Summary/Text)?

LinThawLinThaw
hi Prachi, I didn't create any fields on Account and Contact.
Prachi KPrachi K
Thanks Lin :)